Thursday, November 12, 2020

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Free Thinking vs. High-Priesting

The reason I call what I do "high-priesting" is really for lack of a better term. I have tried to figure out a better term for it, but I have been a bit lost as to what that term should be. Personally, I am not well satisfied with calling it high-priesting. I think it sounds silly. It's a bit like the hip new word "adulting" which is used to help make snowflake millennials feel special when they actually act like adults. That's why I always cringe a little when I use the term high-priesting.

But sadly, there doesn't seem to be a better term for it yet. I did, for a while, consider using the term "free thinking." Is that not what I am doing? Am I not thinking for myself? Have I not cast aside the opinions of others and formed my own? Well... yes. I am thinking for myself. But does that mean that is a better term to use?

I'm not too sure of it. A high priest is a bit more than just a free thinker (although he certainly is.) He is also open minded. Nothing is off the table for a high priest. He sees the world for what it is (even if what he sees is inconvenient) and acts according to his best interest based on that data. A high priest is not offended by anything and merely accepts what he sees, with all of his senses combined, as what there is for him to deal with. He has a better idea of what is true and completely puts away silly notions of self-diluting perspectives.

A free thinker does think for himself, but that doesn't mean he cannot limit himself to certain possibilities. A skeptic is only as good as what he allows himself to believe. If you place limits on your own imagination, that's still free thinking, but it falls short of high-priesting. You cannot simply be in control, but you must be open to every possibility in all cases and eternally. There must be no concept or ideal that can be placed to the side. Anything is possible until it is proven to be impossible or otherwise, and even then it could end up true later.

I look at the world carefully. I do not wish to see things; I merely just try and see what is there. Even as a skeptic, I am open to things of a supernatural nature being involved. I always will be. Many times I have discounted the supernatural, but there have also been times where I have seen it in play. And as I see these things, I calmly wait for further correlation before I can take any action for it, if I choose to take any action at all.

High-Priesting is a practice that opens you up to the world which is far more vast than you might expect. As with most practices, it can be used for good or for evil. But it can also simply be used as a means of understanding the world around you. Live with your eyes open, and act upon what you see based on who you chose to be. That is high-priesting.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. You make a great distinction between the two. Free thinkers open their minds to a great number of possibilities but often limit themselves. A High-Priest sees the world as it is as flow and balance and harnesses it to their own means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. it goes a fair bit beyond just having an opinion. You got to open yourself to every possibility.

      Delete
  2. I have yet to know a term that would accurately define "high priesting" without coining a new word entirely. Without the word, the definition is "to see and hear with natural and spiritual senses and to mind what you see and hear."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was something so completely normal that it did not need a word for it. Now that it doesn't happen anymore, we struggle to actually call it anything.

      Delete
  3. Those who choose what they see are deceiving themselves. It is what we do with knowledge that determines its value. That which you refuse to acknowledge can still hurt you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People need to be careful about trying to interpret something. Interpretations are often invalidated by the interpretation themselves.

      Delete