Thursday, August 27, 2015

Decessus and the Jerboa

"Decessus and the Jerboa" A fable by T.K. Wade

A jerboa visited a graveyard to rebuke the death god, Decessus. “I will live long and not fall by your hands, for I do not believe in you.” Decessus replied much to the astonishment of the jerboa, “Believe in me or not, when your time comes, you and I shall meet.”

-Author Notes-
This fable was written as a part of what I call my "Tooth and Tail" universe where rodents are the people of the world. Decessus is the notorious god of death in this world. Jerboas are a type of rodent with a cute puff at the end of their tail. In this world, jerboas tend to have a very high opinion of themselves and often do not even acknowledge the gods. The exception is for their own god who is only known as The Great Jerboa. Interesting note: The Great Jerboa is actually just another god called Irritum--being the god of vanity. He is acknowledged by all other rodents and is mainly detested.

This fable is really written to denote the worthless vanity of the jerboas, as well as how the act of ignoring a god does not negate his existence. Thus the folly of the jerboa.

No comments:

Post a Comment