Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Rodent Spotlight: Rat (Redux Rursus)

This is technically the third spotlight I have done for rats. If you want to read the two original blogs you can click HERE for the first one and HERE for blog #2. And with that out of the way, we may proceed.

I am constantly struggling with what my absolute favorite animal really is. I do know this: it is either the mouse or the rat. I'll be honest... I can't make a decision! After years of considering this, I think this may end up a draw. The main reason for this is that I like them equally for completely different reasons. So why rats? Let's look at them from a more straight-forward perspective.

1. We hate rats. Why do we hate rats? They cause us no end of trouble. They breed way too fast. They consume our food without asking. They spread diseases. They are simply intolerable. We must kill them at all costs!

2. We love rats. After all, they are a benefit to science! Rats have organs that are very similar to humans. They also are rather intelligent and seem to learn at a similar rate to us. We need them!

3. We don't need them. They are a menace. Alberta, a Canadian province, completely ran rats out. I don't really blame them. These rats are out of control! Good lord, they have no off switch. All they do is go where they please, breed anywhere they like, and cause havoc! We are better off without them!

4. Rats make awesome pets! We pamper them, give them special treats, and let them sleep in fanny packs. We call them fancy rats, and they live like kings without a care in the world.

5. After the eventual nuclear holocaust, rat's will finally have their chance to rule the world. All they have to worry about are the roaches. It will be rat vs. roach until one bests the other. I've already put money down on the rat.

6. Rats are actually fun to kill. I know that sounds horrible, but how are dump owners supposed to make any extra money if they don't let people come in with shotguns to cull the herd. There was even a popular video game called "Vermintide" all about killing giant, mutant rats. Face it, someone has to do it! If not, we'll all end up human slaves in a tyranical rat nation.

7. Context doesn't matter. Be they good or evil, should we kill them or cuddle them, should we love or hate them, rats are awesome. They are a fascinating animal in our world. All they want to do is have fun, and as we all know, having fun alone is not really that fun. That's why they have so much sex!

Rats represent one of two parts of my favorite animals. I have written many, many stories about them. I have shown them in both good and bad lights. I both love and hate them, and I love to hate them. They are wonderful! But just remember, we have to destroy them before they do the same to us. Keep them in small numbers. They will be happier that way anyways. Well, its either that or fall to the mighty force of the Vermintide!

Thank you for reading my ratty blog! If you enjoyed it, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. Screee!







4 comments:

  1. Rats may make good pets, but they make better pests. Keep the population under control, or else. If we're not careful, we could be overrun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must kill them all while, at the same time, loving them!

      Delete
  2. Love them or hate them rats are here to stay. I personally find rats cute but I have never had to deal with any of the bad aspects associated with them so I guess I'm biased. It's awesome that rats inspire your wonderful works.

    ReplyDelete