Thursday, March 26, 2015

Calvin Blue

"Calvin Blue" by T.K. Wade (As told by Petalweight the bard.)

This mouse… This mouse that follows me about! Who is this mouse that lingers on my tail closer than all these followers who surround me?! We call him Calvin Blue–at least that’s what he tells us! His second name is fake, I say! It is the sky… the color of the sky and the invention he wishes us all to believe! Do you believe it?! Not I!

Who is this Calvin Blue–who doth travel in my footsteps when he surely has better tasks to conduct?! What a loafer he is! It is the easiest thing in the world to follow Petalweight to this city and that, so really I do not see his purpose! Might it be simply unsullied admiration of this bard?! Well now! A mystery is solved!

This mouse has parchment coming out of his trousers! And what is written upon them?! Nothing short of genius, I assure you! For upon those tomes are the very words you hear from me from dawn to dusk! Perhaps, this mouse is no fool if he aspires to write such wondrous words down, but ho! Does he not have a life beyond copying me and changing his second name to a color?! Indeed, I believe so! Good on him, I say!

Look at him! Look as he writes down the very words I am speaking this moment! A striking look of determination upon his face! Ha! He dares not publish this! I could say anything, and you would write it down! Ah! But thou shall not sully the bard! For all I say is golden! Have at thee, sir!

Look at this mouse, and know truly of Calvin Blue! For all I have said of him tonight, he is a fine mouse of Murridae! He rises to such challenges with the mettle of the finest soldier! His pen is his sword, and his mind rushes like the beat of the hare! Write on, young fool! Carry on with all that inspires you! Write on!

-Glossary-

Calvin Blue: Calvin is a famed author who--for a time--followed Petalweight around making a record of his best poetry. He is actually the "pseudo-author" of the book these soliloquies originate from (of which I am the true creator.)

Mouse: The dominant speices of people who live in the country of Murridae.

Murridae: The country where Petalweight is from. It consists of mainly mice, jerboas, rats, and capybaras.


No comments:

Post a Comment