Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Daffy Duck and Me

I guess this is going to be a silly blog but still a bit personal. Over the last couple years up to the present, I have been watching a combination of the show Duck Dodgers and The Loony Tunes Show, and I must say... I can strangely relate to the character Daffy Duck. And if you know anything about Daffy, you may wonder if I am some sort of narcissistic asshole for making that claim. Maybe!

For as long as I can remember, I have been rather brutal and harsh on my friends. I say whatever comes to mind and sometimes end up causing a lot of offence. I hurt people's feelings and sometimes I have to apologize for it... sometimes. Actually hardly ever. I may be allergic to it.

The thing is... Daffy does all the same things. He just does whatever he wants without really planning it. No thought whatsoever goes into anything he does or says. Somehow he still progresses through life. Nobody likes him, but he doesn't really worry about that because he is a narcissistic asshole.

The more I watch and study his behavior, the more I can't help but wish I could have his sheer inability to care what others think of him. Daffy is completely and utterly an independent thinker. Sure the thoughts are some of the most inappropriate thoughts imaginable, but the point is that they are HIS! Nobody gave him these thoughts. He's just that awful with no help from anyone else to make him that awful.

Daffy is also very much an anarchist in his own way. This comes from the fact that he doesn't accept anything but his own way in all things. In The Loony Tunes Show, Daffy often imagines himself as a wizard of great power who always gets exactly what he wants. It's a great fantasy, but he seems to incorporate it into his daily life. There was even an episode where he had some business cards made that titled himself as an actual wizard.

I love this guy! I love him for his independence. Yes, he is a horrible person, but at least he's active and unashamed about being horrible. There's honesty there. It's hilarious.

No matter how much you disagree with the things that Daffy Duck says and does, you cannot help but love him more than any other character in the Loony Tunes lineup. Even if its a "love to hate," he steals the show every time. So this is my official salute to what I believe to be the best Loony Tunes character ever made: Daffy Duck. And some days... I wish I was him. I aspire to be him. That's right, I wanna be a jerk. Sounds so liberating honestly. I can see it all now... T.K. Wade -- Professional Wizard (and author).

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!





6 comments:

  1. Interestingly, he is so arrogant, he's unashamed about being greedy and a coward. He tells people outright that they're expendable. He drives Tyrah'nee crazy... and she loves him all the more for it. Yeah, he's a lovable jerk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him! Nobody controls him. He is only himself!

      Delete
  2. It would be an easier way to live. But the destruction caused would far outweigh any personal benefit. When it comes to people, handle with care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It comes no surprise you relate with Daffy, I can see a lot of him within you. All flow and no balance, not so much a bad thing provided nobody gets in your way. Daffy is a wonderfully endearing character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer it that way. I hate being controlled.

      Delete