Monday, January 6, 2020

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Looking at 2020

Numbers are a funny thing. Most of the time I try and ignore them. The problem with numbers is that, no matter how high you go, you can always go higher. To some worldly people, more equals better. To people who look towards higher things, the only number you should be associated with is infinity, and as one of my friends once added to this, "you then go a little farther."

But even so, numbers still catch my interest from time to time. Not usually out of calculation but more in line with puns or references to other numbers that I considered notable. I considered this new decade and the number that is produced is: 2020. It brought a couple of things to mind.

First of all, I realized that the number 2020 is often used as a euphemism for seeing clearly. Naturally I was once debunked on this by someone who told me that 2015 is considered clearer than 2020. But 2015 passed and was woefully unclear. And besides, 2020 is more supported by common usage anyways. We use 2020 to describe clarity, and so it is my hope that the year 2020 provides such clarity as the euphemism proclaims.

Secondly: this is the first year in a long time that had a good sounding decade to it. Nobody likes saying the Oh's or the Tens. It's rubbish. But here we are back in the Roaring 20's! Roaring like a lion. And I wonder if we'll find that lion somewhere in this world. Maybe he'll be the one to give us that 2020 clarity, eh?

But whatever the case, the number 2020 is simply a date. There will be more of them. I suppose somewhere along the line, the numbers will stop and we'll find that beautiful Infinity, and with that Infinity, there's no telling how much farther we'll try to go.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Like you said: 2015 came and went. Our vision STARTED to clear that year. It is the roar of the lion that shall wakes us from the trance. 2020, not the 2015 of "experts" may be the year HEARING clearly, that roar undoubtedly proving impossible to ignore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love puns like these. I love them even more when they come true.

      Delete
  2. I love the delightful pun of the roaring 20's as the roar of The Lion. I have a feeling The Lion is about to get up and rip his enemies to shreds. 2020 shall indeed be a year for clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a significance to numbers, regardless of whether we comprehend it. We can try to figure it out, but without knowing everything it is unlikely we will. However, there is no harm in seeking for the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no harm in having a perpetually open mind.

      Delete