Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Fairy Tale Spotlight: The Fairy's Pet

I have an occasional thought about the concept of being owned or being the pet of a fairy creature. The idea came to me way back when I was working on "A Wolf in My Bedroom." I imagined a passageway into Fairyland, where a group of fairy wolves would choose a child from our world and take them there to essentially take care of them... or eat them. I couldn't make up my mind on the end game.

But for this blog, I am considering the idea of the former. What would it be like to be owned or taken care of by a fairy creature? What does it mean to be a fairy's pet? If this happens, the culture of the fairy in question could be applied heavy-handedly to the human pet. The fairy would likely train the pet to act or be a certain way while under its guidance.

There is also a chance that the fairy will allow the human to act like himself but with boundaries to keep him under control. This would happen purely out of fascination of the human. Fairies like to stare at things they don't understand.

The problem with being cared for by a fairy is that it might not be so great for one's mental stability. There are some things that people should not be exposed to long term. When I try and imagine what a person might become by simply being exposed to that, I see something akin to confusion. I worry that the person would have difficulty relating to other humans after that sort of experience. I could be wrong though.

I used to have a strange fantasy about being captured by dragons to be owned by them. They kept me in a cave on a high cliff, and I would remain there while the dragons did dragon things. The more I think about it, the more I feel that it would be a psychologically damning thing for me to endure. What was worse was that not every dragon there seemed to approve of my presence. That was very worrying.

Either way, this is merely a speculative thing to consider. How do you think you would fair if you belonged to a creature of fairy origin? Could you keep your human mentality, or do you think it would degrade in some way?

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. I have explored this idea in science fiction I have written. In my STRANGE GALAXY universe, the aliens (fairies) may capture and keep a human as a pet... or sex slave. In one story, a little girl was captured by marauding aliens and raised by its matriarch. They have her wear human clothes, because they like her better as "authentic." She was old enough to know how to read and write and acts as their representative in illicit dealings with human businesses. The girl is loyal to the aliens (fairies) but cannot, as a matter of mutually alien natures, truly assimilate. They do not even expect her to. She becomes an outsider both to them AND her own kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen similar things in your works too. It's a strange concept to consider and not as simple as one would think.

      Delete
  2. To be a fairies pet would indeed come with a lot of conditioning, you would have to play by their rules ALWAYS. Sanity would be an issue as well in that you would become an extension of something beyond the veil. The game "Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise" did a great job depicting what it would be like to have direct contact with the other side, you would be teetering on the edge of sanity and seen by most as insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That game did a seriously good job at explaining it. A lot of the sociopathy rubbed off on him.

      Delete
  3. It is not natural for a human to be anyone's pet. So, it would take a mental toll on anyone forced into that position. Being owned by a fairy would make matters much worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it is a believable thing since they would feel greater than us.

      Delete