Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Can Trinities Happen Outside of Christianity?

This is actually a really simple question to answer. On the binary level, the answer is an easy "yes." But I am obligated to explain it at least a little bit. I'll be brief. There's not really much to this.

A trinity refers to three individual persons all with the same nature or goal. God the Father is a completely different person than God the Son. The Holy Spirit is like neither of those. They all have a little in common, but really those little things are not enough to call any of them alike. The Father loves the Holy Spirit. This love is not reciprocated, however the Holy Spirit loves the Son and so supports the Father because of that.

Those three were completely different people yet they all joined up to enact one goal. Each and every one of them suddenly found themselves a part of a purpose, regardless of how they felt about one another. That is not a difficult concept to understand. There have been many collaborations throughout history, and many of them done in threes.

Being a part of a trinity is entirely doable and, in many ways, the three perspectives can often form into a very productive whole. In my life, I tend to be a crazy, impulsive person who writes things off the cuff with little control. Although I do understand and appreciate the opposing viewpoint, I tend to find it boring and continue on in my own way. This way of thinking tends to lean in the direction of how God the Father operates.

Fellow published author and wonderful friend Shawn O'Toole is much like the Holy Spirit in how he operates. He tends to be more reasonable and often finds a lot of what I do and say to be annoying. He is frustrated with my constant stream of energy. I think very highly of him and learn a lot about why the world works the way it does, yet I tend to still go off on my own tangents because that's what a T.K. Wade will do. We clash a lot, but the two opposing personalities make that happen.

My other friend and book illustrator Chris Buffaloe is more of a calm and well composed handyman. He is a strong male presence who generally won't speak unless he really feels he has something to say or asked a question directly. He does not cast pearls before swine. He simply says what he believes and then continues his amazing work. He easily puts up with my shenanigans and Shawn's melancholy. In this way he is much like God the Son, Jesus Christ.

None of us are religious leaders at all. We are all just acting together in a group called the Figments. We have made a number of audio dramas and are working on a video game--none of which are endorsing any organized religion whatsoever. But I feel that, as a trinity, we are a strong unit. Trinities can happen in life aside from within the confines of Christianity. It is a very simple but strong concept. Consider if you are now in or have ever been apart of a trinity.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Of course Creation would reflect the Creator. EVERYTHING comes from God so EVERYTHING shows the influence of God. This is why even the created can form into trinities. If the creations mind the flow AND balance that is the Trinity, their own trinities will work just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really cannot stand when people take things and lock them off because they happened with God. Everything we have ever had came from him. It's gotta come from somewhere. We can have functional trinities also.

      Delete
  2. Exactly trinities can indeed form within creation! Things work better naturally in threes as well, the Holy Trinity is reflected in all of creation. The golden ratio reflects this mathematically. Thank you for your kind words my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. You make a great Jesus as a man.

      Delete
  3. Evil is so enamored with the Trinity that it will attempt to copy it. Each of the three will be very different, as well. However, their own failings shall bring it all to naught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am familiar with the "evil trinity." It's really silly but what i have come to expect from the forces of evil. They have nothing of their own so they have to steal it from God to get anything done.

      Delete