Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Another World

Okay, I need you to listen up for a bit. Take a deep breath. Relax. Let the world around you fade for just the time it takes to read this blog. I know how easy it is to be cynical in the world we live in. Not a lot of it seems very friendly outside of your closest circle, and even then, there is a sense of danger. I want you to let all that go for a moment and just treat yourself to a heaping spoonful of fantasy.

It's easy to imagine fantasy, but it is very hard to see it in your own life. Fairy tales often paint pictures of brave heroes and also villains that must be dealt with. And often these villains are dispatched by the end of the story. What do you think about that? Do you often wish you could stand up to villains and best them at every turn? Like I said before, just take a deep breath. I want you to just imagine it and soak in the idea as if it was a reality. Let's enjoy it for a little while.

Let's take the box we often live in and just bust open the sides. What's left? A wide open world with many amazing, fantastic, and dangerous places to go to. You don't really have a job. You seek your own fortune. You travel anywhere you want to go and meet interesting people along the way. When you encounter evil, you fight it. You even win those battles. You fight because it is the right thing to do. I mean, what else are you going to do that day--go to work?

Now, let's take this a little further. Imagine if there were more good people in the world than bad. Yes, there is still evil, but there are enough good people to keep them from becoming a problem. How does being in an "all-good" world make you feel? Do you feel like you have more freedom? Are you... bored? Do you prefer the previous imbalance? How about we look at this as an opportunity rather than a curse. Take the opening and start doing everything you ever wanted to do. You may be surprised where it will go.

Imagine if fairy tales were real. Even convince yourself, if just for a moment, that they really are real. What are you going to do next? Are you going to make a great journey? Are you going to build a new town with the help if some helpful fairies? Will you make friends with some gnomes? How do you feel about talking animals? What if you had a mouse companion that gave you critical advice as you tried to solve a mystery? Does that sound appealing?

Now, I know none of this is real. I know you open your eyes and see only bad things in this world. Hear me out: That doesn't mean you have to dismiss any of this. You don't have to let any of this go. There is the life you live and the life you can life for. I'm genuinely sorry for what you are going through. But I must ask you to try and hold on to what good you can, because that good is the essence of that other world I have been talking about. And most importantly, it is real in the truest sense. I'm serious. It's real. It's even to some degrees tangible.

Where we go from here in these blogs shall be into these strange unseen lands. I shall be bringing to you a new spotlight series that goes into the wonderful world of the fairy tail, and in doing so, I shall also be pointing out the reality of these tales. We will dive as deeply as we can go. We will explore all the different angles and bends, every pathway and portal. I welcome you to an entire new spotlight series: The Fairy Tail Spotlight!

Thank you for reading my blog! If you enjoyed it, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. Thank you!




4 comments:

  1. The imagination is a wonderful thing. It inspires us like nothing else can. Those who imagine better can make things better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All true, but you have to believe in these things as well. It's all real. We only need to bring these things into being. There's not enough people working together to make it happen right now.

      Delete
  2. Being in an "all good" world would be the greatest experience where the are no limits. I would never be bored, creativity would be every aspect of my being without the grind of this reality. This is exactly what I fight for every waking moment as I break my chains one link at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of space means plenty gets done! DO IT!

      Delete