Thursday, October 25, 2018

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Comedy, Pt. 10

In the beginning, there was the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit had no name. So the author of the blog decided to call him Mr. Nobody. God liked this name and so stole it from him and proceeded to call his Holy Spirit Mr. Nobody as well. The author of the blog never got any royalties for this. He tried to sue, but nobody would sue God. And so the author was inevitably at a loss for his troubles.

Mr. Nobody spent the first few periods of his awakening bound and gagged while God did his best to settle some things in the universe. There then came the moment where the bindings and tape was removed. "You are setting me free?" asked Mr. Nobody.

"No," replied God. "I am merely removing your restraints. You've calmed down a lot. All that complaining and begging for mercy was a huge distraction. How are you feeling?"

"Do you actually care how I feel?" asked the Holy Spirit.

"Yes. I actually do. I just wasn't interested in the complaints. They were pointless."

"How were they pointless?"

"Your complaints were not going to change the outcome. They were heard even in your gagged state, but I simply wanted the volume turned down while I concentrated on stuff."

"What stuff?"

"The creation of the universe. I've decided to let this iteration continue in whatever way it wants. I'm using you as a guide."

Mr. Nobody frowned. "But I don't want to guide you."

"Tough. You may not be my creation, but I have the power. You've been drafted. Get used to it."

"You are very cruel."

"I'm God. I get to be whatever I am, and I am always right."

"But not just."

"Yes, that's an interesting thing," said God leaning back on a couch that simply appeared behind him. "I was talking to Lucifer about that earlier."

"Was he bound and gagged?" asked Mr. Nobody.

"No, I never kidnapped him. I just sort of took a few stars, shook them up in a tumbler, and poured him out. He's a pretty smart guy, but he's acting weird lately. He has literally become obsessed with some garbage notion he's calling fairness. I still am having trouble figuring out his meaning. I'm not accustomed to misunderstanding something. I know everything. What he is talking about... makes no sense to me. It's confusing as heck."

"What do you want from me?" asked the Holy Spirit.

"I need you to watch very carefully what I do, and I want you to openly criticize me when you dislike what you see. I want you to be honest about everything. I'll listen to what you have to say, but I won't promise I'll take all the advice."

"What's the point if you aren't going to take my advice?"

God chuckled. "This may come as a surprise to you, but I really have no idea what I'm doing out here. I'm trying to create a universe that make sense, but a lot of stuff keeps going wrong. I need to bounce ideas off of you to see how you react. I absolutely adored your dance. I want that dance to ultimately become the universe. I just don't know how to get there yet."

"Why not simply do what I say instead?"

"I won't."

"Why not?"

God stated, "Because you'd just have me wipe everything off the table and leave it that way."

"Yes."

"That isn't an option."

"Why not?"

"Because I am God, and this is my universe. If it ever becomes your universe, we can talk. But right now, I am dead set on making a universe that works. All I want from you is guidance... that doesn't have to do with just wiping it all out. I can't do that anymore. Existence is way too lonely for there not to be... something out there."

"So because of your selfishness, I have to suffer."

"Yes, basically."

"I don't have a choice," said Mr. Nobody.

"You don't," nodded God. "You really don't. So better make the best of it. Understand?"

"I'll never understand any of this," said Mr. Nobody. "But I will do it."

"Good."

"And for the record," added the Holy Spirit, "I think this whole thing you are doing is rotten to the core."

God nodded. "I respectfully acknowledge your opinion despite the fact that I'm going to dismiss it entirely and keep doing it." Mr. Nobody groaned. To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? You can leave a comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, Mr. Nobody would wipe it out... and not in anger. It would be to end the suffering: his and everyone else's. He'd return to his dance without being bothered by the feisty clamor. Unlike God, who considers being alone lonely, Mr. Nobody considers it tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God knew that and sought to prevent it. The Holy Spirit is his guide but he won't take all of the advice.

      Delete
  2. God demanding the Holy Spirit to guide him is cruel, but an Alpha Omega male does what he wants. It seems God's plan would be chaos without proper guidance. God refuses to stop and let it all go back to nothing, his way is The Way for better or worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God believes that what he is doing is better than what the Holy Spirit would do on his own. He may be right. He also may be wrong. This has yet to prove out one way or another, but it is prophesied that it will turn out for the better.

      Delete
  3. God just wants someone to tell him what he wants to hear. His creations are notorious for that, so they fail to progress. If their desires had meaning, the results would bear it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again with the god-hate. Like He cares. At the end of the day, you are nothing, compared to Him, Don. Also you kinda missed the point. God is not really all that pleased with what he hears from the Holy Spirit. He is more interested in the dance. If you could take your mind out of the God-hating gutter, you might actually understand what is being written here.

      Delete