Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: The Neon-Strip Hallway

In my blog The Key, I mentioned two hallways found within the deepness of my mind. The first of the two I mentioned was a dark hallway with a glowing neon strip that ran down both sides of the hall. The doors in this hallway, located on both sides of the hall, were sliding doors with locking mechanisms to the left of each door. I also mentioned that these sliding doors all led into bedrooms. I want to talk more about this hallway as I explore it further.

The hallway was found near the beginning of my writing career. I was writing a now decommissioned story series called Shelter at the time. I was well into the series by the time this happened. I found the hallway in a dream and felt myself walking slowly through the hall. It was dark which caused the glowing neon strip that ran down the middle of each wall to show especially well.

These strips created a very particular ambiance that rather touched me, even to this very day. I think there may have been music playing too. Calm music. No real melody to it. Something you might listen to while sitting alone in a planetarium.

I remember that, at the time, these sliding doors were locked. I pressed my ear to one of them and heard whimpering... or moaning. It was unclear. There was no way, even in the dream, to see what was on the other side unless the door would open. I was only getting audio cues to work off of.

I did find one door that opened, and I can tell you what I saw on the inside. The door opened into the left front corner of a bedroom. There was a dresser to my immediate right made of wood. Nothing directly ahead of me. To the back right was an elevated space where a bed was. The bed had a canopy. Nobody was in there. It was just an empty bedroom ready for use. I left to try more doors.

Me feelings of being in this hallway was that I was looking for someone. Someone who needed me. Someone was in one of these rooms and I had to find them and get them out of a bad situation. Although I can't perfectly remember how the dream ended, I do think that I did eventually find who I was looking for and made away with that person.

My intuition knew something else about this hallway. There was a small elevator at the end which may have been made of glass. The elevator can go either up or down, but I only knew it to go one floor up. There is an elliptical room up there with an extremely red glowing console. There is also a window up there that looked down upon a large area. I do not know what is down there. I don't even think it's all that important, to be honest.

You see, my mind always returns to the neon-strip hallway. I return there often and walk through it slowly. I avoid the elevator. I don't even care about the elevator. These bedrooms are all open to me now, and the people I meet in there need my help. I help them and good things come from their being saved.

Understand that I am not dreaming anymore when I go there. I only found this hallway while I slept. I can just as easily go there while I am awake. The hallway has many doors, and I have yet to open them all. I'm still opening them. I am still finding people in them. I'm here because I'm supposed to be. That's all there is to it.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can leave a comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out the books I have for sale! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Your hallway and rooms remind me of rooms, corridors and curtains in Twin Peaks. The strangeness of the show is not arbitrary, so it makes me wonder where your mind is at. You seem to intuitively know what your mind does not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was not inspired by Twin Peaks. This room existed before I saw the show. I like the comparison though! David Lynch probably found his own hallway which led to a particular red room.

      Delete
  2. The subconscious mind speaks to us in dreams. The meaning may not always be clear. But that does not mean it is not there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating, the spiritual plane is one of many mysteries waiting to be unlocked. The bedrooms seem to represent those who are asleep and need your help waking up. This is a very personal place to you as it is with any spiritual dimension, one can be lost if they do not know The Way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always a bit uncomfortable about talking about why they are in the bedroom. I don't think its a good thing.

      Delete