Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Leonard the Goat

While I was doing research on something of a similar nature, demons actually, I ran across someone I never met within the infernal universe. His name was Leonard. At first I thought he was a satyr. He had the head of a goat and was anthropomorphic, but wait! Satyrs have particular characteristics that were not present here.

Satyrs don't always look like goats. Many times they have human heads but have a torso that resembles a caprican. They always have hooves for feet as well. I have noticed that some of them seem to be very short and others are very tall. Body types range from extremely skinny to very fat as well.

The problem with Leonard being a satyr is almost immediately notable with his feet. They are human feet. This makes Leonard resemble a Cynocephaly more than a satyr. He is a human with a realistic goat head resting upon his shoulders. As happy as I was that Anubis and Saint Christopher had a name given for their race, I have had just an awful time finding the name for what the goat-headed people were called. In my own mind, I have been labeling them "Caprica Sapiens." If any of you can find their proper name, please tell me.

One very unique aspect of Leonard was that he had three horns instead of two. Two long horns came out on either side and there was one "third-wheel" horn that jutted off in some direction. Lore also suggests that he was a bit of a fop (pretty boy) and would dress accordingly.

Now, Leonard the goat-man is widely accepted as a bonafide demon. His most enjoyed task was organizing orgies for his masters. (Not sure who his masters were at this point. In fact most of the time Leonard himself was referred to as Master Leonard.) But supposedly there were other demons allowed in this orgy, supposedly more demons than human or animal participants.

He was also notable as being very good at seducing women. He knew how to tickle their fancies and persuade them to go with him to a secluded place. A lot of the lore suggests a wilderness of some sort. I'm not sure what that means, but there you go.

[The next part gets a bit lewd.]

Apparently he would have sex with these women. I found a very specific bit that explained that his semen was cold. If the woman became pregnant, the child would be stillborn. Grizzly, I know. But the rabbit hole goes a bit deeper.

I was recently at a restaurant with a good friend of mine: a fellow author of great literature Shawn O'Toole. We had randomly began talking about the nature of vampires and werewolves. He was really interested in how these legends came to be in our history. He even looked to me for an answer. I only stared back in deep contemplation. I didn't know. But I was certainly just as curious. Either way, I am not the type to throw out baseless speculation based on my own imagination... so I said nothing.

It seems with Leonard here that we may have an answer. There seem to be a lot of connections between Leonard and werewolf legends. And if I could be honest, there seems to be a hint of vampirism as well. I mean... A suave, flirtatious lover? Cold semen? Stillborn children? What the heck is going on?

He seems to be a progenitor of werewolf lore as well. Some accounts of Leonard claimed he could turn into these beasts at certain times. Nothing about day or night, but still. This goat man may have been part of the origins of these legends, and it really does seem like he existed here on our plane for a good amount of time. I'm only just scraping the surface of this story, to be sure. But I had enough information to post about it.

As an aside, I also want to point out a rather obscure connection to Azazel. That scapegoat everyone talks about... the one that is sacrificed to pay for sins... There seems to be a few references pointing to Leonard as being the corporal aspect of the scapegoat, but the information on this is extremely vague.

I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Leonard in the future. He seems to be something of an enigma. I am extremely interested in him. I was really pleased to make the connections I did over the last few days. Stay tuned to this blog for more revelations into the very real fairy tale history of Planet Earth.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. VERY interesting. You are exploring the mysteries of the Other Folk. They were and ARE real. Most of those remembered in legend are long since dead. This Leonard seems to be above the rank and file, whether by species or personal initiative has yet to be understood. The three horns are undoubtedly a profound clue, as are his humanoid feet. There are choirs (races) of angels. Maybe what choir he is descended from distinguishes him from satyrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to run into this guy! I wanna know more about him.

      Delete
  2. Fascinating, I never heard of Leonard. The fact his race isn't as known as the Cynocephaly may indicate they were less numerous or they just could have been more elusive. The third horn is an interesting aesthetic. The fact that he causes stillborns is gruesome especially when he obviously has many excursions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he just sort of jumped in front of me with his weenie out and everything. Hahaha. (Not really.)

      Delete
  3. It does seem that vampire and werewolf legends are based on something real. People are constantly sacrificing others to get what they want. Why would drinking their blood and ripping them apart be unrealistic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not 100% on this one, but the connections seem plausible.

      Delete