Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Fairy Tale Spotlight: About Reading Three Books at a Time

If everything in my life is comfortable, and presently it is, I like to get as much reading as I can done. I currently read three books at one time. I traditionally have one physical book and two digital (Kindle) books. Although it's not limited to this, the physical slot usually ends up being either novelty books or really obscure books that never ended up on Kindle. I don't do audio books at all... and I don't have any interest in them.

I have a friend who prefers to do one book at a time in order to focus on it. I have a sort of restless nature that wants to deal with multiple stories at once. I am essentially "focusing" on all three equally with no real drawback to that focus. It's not a problem. The only actual drawback is that all three stories take longer to read. Sometimes I get into a sort of roll where books are ending pretty rapidly, but there are time (like now) where it's going to take a long time for any of them to end.

The current physical book I am reading right now is a monster. I'll probably be on it for a matter of months. The kindle books are shorter, but I started them at about the same time. I gotta say... I don't like being in this sort of spot. Reading is such a restless thing for me. I like to reach endings often. Getting stuck in the middle of three books is rough.

I'm not a sad person by nature. I'm open-minded and inquisitive. I like to explore these fictional worlds and look for ways to apply the fictional knowledge into myself. I do believe that fiction inspires reality, and if it can do that, it can inspire me as well. It's really a simple thing. There's nothing too exciting about what I am doing. It's not special. It's just that there is quite a bit of nice things out there in the written format. I enjoy digging around.

Thank you all for reading my little reviews. Writing them kind of helps me finalize how I feel about the books that I read. They may not always be about fairy tales, but books have a way of sparking the same imagination that creates fairy tales. It is the world's most important medium. It just is... and it should never die.

So I am going to get back to my reading. Three books at a time. Looking for that ending that always seems so far away.

This blog was written on November 2, 2022.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ

Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. I love the line "I do believe that fiction inspires reality, and if it can do that, it can inspire me as well." Stark reality is is raw data, thus is boring. Fiction turns the data into figments of imagination. The spiritless things become expressions of our thoughts and feelings. Cause and effect can be played with, allowing us to explore supposed impossibilities.

    You read three books at a time. That keeps everything FLOWING, so it makes sense. You are all about flow, just like your Father in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get very restless if I don't do it this way.

      Delete
  2. It seems every ending leads to a new beginning. There is so much out there to explore that the task can be a daunting one. Like a buffet, we find so much to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. It does sometimes feel like a buffet.

      Delete
  3. You have found what works for you in your reading, and you make good use of it. I love your reviews, they are always full of insight and let me know which books to avoid ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I almost never stop reading.books since I began reviewing them. I want to be able to out into words why I dislike it.

      Delete