Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Fairy Tale Spotlight: A Quick Demon Text Message About Imagination

A friend of mine brought up some interesting stuff about imagination in a recent story he wrote. I really liked the whole concept he brought up. I decided to relay how I felt about it in a text message to the demon I recently interviewed. Meetings with him are extremely hard to arrange. This was the only way I could get up with him. The following is my full text to him as well as his response. Sorry for the typos on my part. Typing on my phone is not as easy as on a keyboard.

-----

T.K. Wade: A story a friend recently wrote got me thinking about imagination. We didn't really get to talk about it alst time we got together. I am very curious about how you view human imagination. As far as I know about demons, they cannot imagine things. They cannot create new fiction. human imagination is (i believce) the very foundation of what makes us accomplish all the amazing things that we do. I often believe that when someone creates fiction, it inspires people to make that fiction a reality. Do you like imagination? Do you hate it? Do you understand it? I raelly just want your honest opinion on it.

Demon: Hello, T.K. It is good to hear from you again. I am quite busy today, but I have enough time for a brief response. I do not dislike imagination. As a matter of fact, I am rather impressed by it. You are very much correct that demons cannot imagine things. Nevertheless we make up for it by making improvements on established properties. I am sure even you can agree to how impressive that is. As to whether or not I like or hate it, please understand that I am upset by anything that has a potential downside. There are many wonderful things in the world that are good but only if what is good can be controlled. Human imagination is an aberrancy that can, at times, be useful. Uncontrolled it can lead to chaotic conclusions. This benefits no one and can disrupt all the good of the former. So just to be clear, there is nothing wrong with human imagination, but like many things of great power, it is better off being controlled and extracted in a stable environment. I hope you are having a good day, T.K.

-----

That's all for now. Thanks for reading the blog. Did you like it or hate it? Either way, feel free to drop a comment below or email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Thanks!


6 comments:

  1. Wow! The scary thing is, I follow the demon's logic. More often than not imagination is used to escape reality. Things fall apart because humans lose themselves in fantasies and self-platitude delusions. Yes, the logical minds of demons see the USEFUL side of imagination. Honestly, this is why they excel as producers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you noticed that the left tends to be afraid of good things that might have unpredictable results?

      Delete
  2. These creatures seem to be highly intelligent, but still trapped inside the box which is their nature. That is why they can improve on what already exists, but cannot create anything. Imagination is a wonderful, terrible thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regulations hold everything back. It's always the same thing. The fear that something may go wrong.

      Delete
  3. Fascinating, it makes a lot of sense that the Demons would see themselves as making up for the lack of imagination by "improving" on what is established. The Demon sees imagination as a useful resource, one that needs to be controlled and channeled. The Truth though is that it is our responsibility as a creator to be the one controlling the flow not these outside sources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really still think the control comes from not liking the bad things that sometime come from it. Honestly, I think its worth it to let the bad things happen because the good stuff always trump them in the long run.

      Delete