Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Fairy Tale Spotlight: John II [Book Review]

If you blink, you'll miss this one.

"John II" is the sixty-third book of the "Holy Bible," and it was written by John. It may actually be the shortest book yet, but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, it was literally one page.

Now, I do have a problem with this one, and the problem has to do with its inclusion. It isn't the same problem I had with "Song of Solomon," which I just felt was completely off topic for the Bible. It's more about the fact that it is an extremely quick summary of the previous book "John I." And it's not even a good summary.

This is obviously a letter to a woman who is very dear to John. He briefly mentions the things he redundantly says in "John I," such as that she should identify "antichrists" or false prophets. John also promises to speak more on this topic face to face when he can make it over to her. That's really the whole book, and I'm not sure why I needed to see it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not upset about it. I was legitimately upset about "Song of Solomon." But with "John II," I just felt like a very small amount of time was wasted. The only thing I got out of it was the interesting fact that there was a woman/friend that was dear to him and that he sent her a tiny, little letter. The spiritual stuff mentioned was already exceedingly expounded upon already in his first book.

So this book is just there! I don't really want to recommend it, but... I mean... It's a page long. Just go for it.

This blog was written on March 11, 2022.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ

Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. If anything, the book demonstrated that the ministry of the Apostles was PERSONAL, not impersonal. Their letters are not form letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's fine. But there are some books that might do better in another collection.

      Delete
  2. Interesting that John included personal summaries within his letters. I guess it's cool having them cataloged for insight into his character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really what it was here. It's good to have. At least it didn't take too much of my time away.

      Delete
  3. Some things bear repeating. We must be wary of those who claim to speak for Him. So often, the words are their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind redundancies to an extent. People tend to not notice stuff unless it is shoved in their face.

      Delete