Friday, May 13, 2022

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Peter II [Book Review]

"Peter II" is the sixty-first book of the "Holy Bible," and it was written by Simon Peter. It's not as controversial or interesting as his first letter, but there is still a theme here.

Much of this book has to do with false prophets and how to tell them apart from the real thing. Even so, they should at this point have the information they need from the Apostles. But do understand that this information about false prophets is intended for modern times too,

A good litmus test for a prophet is to check to see if they have gotten anything wrong before. Sometimes they say something will happen, it doesn't, and then they cleverly explain it away. A real prophet is always dead on.

False prophesying can also be the result of people speaking in their ignorance. A lot of people have ideas about reality, and they speak them as a matter of pride. It is a very silly thing to believe something you heard another person say, even me. Like... I know I am writing all these opinion blogs for the Bible, but I encourage you to read the books for yourself and get out of it what you can. I'm just some guy somewhere who likes reading and writing reviews of the stuff he reads. Who am I to teach you anything? The truth is... I'm not.

If you really want to know the truth, you need to go on your own journey, I'm just here to publish my own findings, not to change anybody. That said, "Peter II" is a recommended read. It may not have the same kick as the first one, but it does have a point that should be taken seriously.

This blog was written on March 9, 2022.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ

Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. I have discovered quite recently, though I am already middle-aged, that many false prophets are great champions for what I believe in... but not quite. They do not merely stumble. They fall flat on their face, using their credibility to tout something false.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All prophets must be tested. Good intentions are not enough. Do they or don't they hear the voice of God?

      Delete
  2. People tend to believe what they are told. So, we must take great care not to lead others astray. For opinion to become fact, it must be demonstrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that terrible whispering campaign that is the human race!

      Delete
  3. Indeed for a Prophet to be true he must always correct. There is only one Truth, he is The Way and without his voice a prophet is false. A seeker of Truth should test all would be prophets to see if they faulter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't anything in the bible about a prophet being false if he messes up even once, but it is something that is rightfully assumed. If a prophet fails once then that means God is either not really there or lying to us. It stands to reason that a prophet will not prophecy incorrectly if he is legit.

      Delete