Monday, September 12, 2022

Fairy Tale Spotlight: My Reading Habits, Part 5

So I'm about three quarters of the way through. There really isn't much left. I am now officially excited. Incredibly excited. I'm so excited that... to be honest... it's kind of ruining it for me. On the one hand, I am extremely excited that I am about to finish the book, but on the other hand, my excitement is somehow making it go slower. This makes me sad.

Nevertheless, I know the end is near, and I need to begin planning things out. It's like when you know a trip is coming. You have to plan for it before the day gets here. Nobody plans things exactly on the day of travel. That would be a silly thing to do.

When one slot in my book-reading agenda is about to go vacant, I do like to figure out what the next book is going to be. Not that I am not already enjoying the book I am currently close to finishing. I don't mean it as a slight. After all, I've been with this book for a very long time. We've been through a lot together. But I'm a fickle sort of person who tends to run away the moment I'm finished having my fun. "It's not you; it's me," and all that.

Sometimes the choosing phase that I go through here works out, and sometimes it is a very difficult thing. Do I replace it with another book, or slip in a few short stories? What if I can only read one short story? That feels wrong. I mean... it's like going from one big story to a teeny one. I should have at least several of them to make up the space. But there's only one. That won't do. Maybe I can mix a short story with a medium-long large story. Honestly, this sort of decision sometimes takes me weeks to deal with.

The good news is that I still have a couple chapters left, and I think I have enough time to make the call. I can sit back, relax, read at a pace that pleases me, and when I have a little free time, I can peruse over the synopses of potential mates. Let's see here:

"A paraplegic squirrel learns the meaning of love and happiness through his newfound love of nut-shaped origami."

No.

"A trio of chocolate makers accidently turn their entire town into chocolate, but, as it is later revealed, it is only a little girl who dreamed it."

Pass.

"An amazing thing happens that nobody expects, and everyone has to deal with it before its too late. There's also a talking donkey."

Perfect.

This blog was written on August 1, 2022.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ

Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Of course the "talking donkey" is your idea of "perfect." You are such an... "ass." Well, not really, but bad puns are necessary or else puns won't be funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choosing a book is a weird process for me. I don't like that it's weird, but I also don't wanna get stuck reading garbage.

      Delete
  2. To be honest, the squirrel story would have peaked my interest haha... But yea the talking donkey seems to be a better fit for your interests. It's always exciting to finish a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess so. It doesn't exist though. Satire, right? Ruins everything.

      Delete
  3. I become anxious when I get near the end of a book. The finish line is before me and I am determined to reach it. When I am done, then I can truly take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not as worried if a book will end badly as much as I just want it to end. The appraising of a book is a separate mental process I go through.

      Delete