Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Tired of Running [Poem Review]

"Tired of Running" is a poem (I guess) written by Fritz Hamilton. It was published in 2012. This is going to be a short blog.

This poem, if you want to call it a poem, starts off with the author poetically going off about how difficult work is and how he is not paid enough and generally unappreciated for what he does. The hilarious thing is that, about half way through, it stops being a poem and ends up being a very angry rant that even outs the company's name that he is working for.

I actually began laughing at this. All poetry was thrown out the window, and he spent the rest of the page pumping out anger and hate for the people that had captured his ire. I don't think it was intended to be funny. It might have been. It's hard to say.

I actually work with someone who has a similar personality, but he doesn't write. All the rants come out verbally while he is working.

There is actually a chance that you could hate this poem. I can see how someone might read this and just get annoyed. However I did like it and I do recommend it. That's it.

This blog was written on July 3, 2024.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ

Check out my books! Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Whether the "poet" was in on the joke or not, I think his sincerity is what amused you. Angst gets the most "monkey" out of us, especially as a panic attack or rant. I do think God very much enjoys our tantrums for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, attitudes like that, at least in brief, are very funny to me. And this broke conventions in just the right way.

      Delete
  2. I have written poems to express my frustration. However, it was important that what I wrote stayed poetic. The idea is to express yourself in a way that the work might last.

    ReplyDelete