[I spoil this story.]
I can summarize this story in bullet points:
- A married man living in Russia sees a woman with a dog and is very attracted to her.
- He approaches her and learns that she is also married.
-They have an affair, but she soon regrets it and leaves to go back to her husband.
-Despite having had affairs before, the man becomes more and more infatuated with this woman to the point where he can think of nothing else.
-He secretly travels to her city and confronts her, causing her a shock... however she agrees to come see him if he will leave her alone.
-They renew their affair in secret, but they soon realize that they are actually in love for the first time in their lives.
-They come to the point where they do not know what to do next... and then the story ends.
That's it. Kind of a slice of life story about cheating. The fact that neither one of them had ever fallen in love for real before meeting each other seems to be the whole point. Basically, even though they both got married, they were never actually in love. They merely married because they felt they had to, or they settles, or something else.
That said, however, the story feels unfinished. I really would have liked to see what would become of them, for better or worse. It was like the author was just trying to make a point about how we do not always marry out of love. He may have possibly been trying to show a scenario where cheating might be warranted, but I'm not buying it. At the end of the day, I am asking the question: What was the point of this story?
I read this one so you wouldn't have to. I do not recommend it.
This blog was written on July 14, 2026.
Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, why not leave a comment below? I'd love to hear what you think. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ
Check out my books! Thanks!

The author may have been cheating and was trying to justify it... or it was a naughty thought he decided to get out of his system by turning it into a story. It is probably unfinished because he did not know the answer to his own question.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to say why he did this.
DeleteThey both betrayed their spouses, so this is a clear example of where cheating harms someone else. People tend to be concerned about what they want even when it is at another's expense. Those who desire love should not involve others for the sake of their lust.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it isn't just the guy.
Delete