[I spoil most of the movie.]
I kind of want to keep this brief since, and I will be entirely honest right at the beginning, I did not really enjoy this movie. This is, by all accounts, just barely an Oz movie. It is mostly a survival movie set on Mars. The Oz stuff did not come in until the 40-minute mark, and it was an extremely loose interpretation.
There are four in the stranded crew. The one female is named Dorothy. At the 40-minute mark of the film, they find a brick road that is in ruins. They refer to it as a "golden road," which had me rolling my eyes. The road leads to a ruined building which is not green. In fact, I do not think there was one green object in the entire movie.
From there, it gets really difficult to explain. A lot of the writing that happens towards the final part of the film is remarkably pretentious. It involves an alien race that evolved past their physical forms, yada yada yada. There was a floating head though played by John Carradine. This got me excited until he just wouldn't shut up about the plot of the film. It was a very long lore dump.
Ultimately, this led to the crew trying to restart a giant clock which made everything disappear. The wind up back in their ship only to find out that only two minutes have passed. But it wasn't two minutes. It was about an hour and seventeen minutes and nothing barely happening.
I do not recommend this film. I feel that the idea of setting Oz on Mars and having astronauts find it is a great idea... but do not do it like this. This is bad.
This blog was written on August 1, 2026.
Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, why not leave a comment below? I'd love to hear what you think. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ
Check out my books! Thanks!

No comments:
Post a Comment