Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: The Face of Anubis

Ladies and gentlemen, I wanted to present something to you today. Some time ago, there was a man named Martinez who had been going through a bit of a drug problem. Drugs can be a funny thing. They can rather open up the mind to things we shouldn't be seeing. And creatures that we really shouldn't be dealing with will sometimes venture to have a bit of fun with us.

On one day, while Martinez was having a photo taken at an in-law's anniversary party, something very peculiar appeared over his left shoulder. Have a look:


I usually blow things like this off. I did a bit more research into this guy. There have been interviews with him and such. The man never had a dog. There was no dog in the house. And also... why is the dog looking so... angry/psychotic?

Despite the smile on this man's face, the canine's face seems to to show a certain level of hatred. It's a bit on the disturbing side... if you are even willing to believe it at all. The photo could just as well be a hoax, a careful edit. Maybe it is. But these are one of the few photos that I have personally deemed legit.

I began to notice a resemblance to certain creatures of old, namely the Cynophephaly. The creepy glare. The raised ears. This wasn't just a dog's head. The creature in the photo was doing this on purpose. He was a Cynocephaly with a grudge, and he wanted to let us know he was there.

Now, before we continue, have a look at this ancient bust of Anubis:


I got up with one of my friends, a Chris Buffaloe. He is the illustrator of a number of my books, Our Divine Comedy included. He's done work for me and my group (The Figments) before, such as drawing the face of Lucifer--where I was able to perfectly match it to the face on Mars.

In the case of this project, I asked him to use the image in the haunted Martinez photo, cross-reference it with ancient depictions of Anubis, and then produce a much clearer representation of the famous Cynocephaly for us all to see. Naturally, the odds were against us that we would get a "perfect" picture. I only wanted to get as close as we could, and I trusted Chris to achieve that goal better than anyone.

So it is now with pleasure, that I, for the very first time, present to you the true, living face of Anubis, as illustrated by Chris Buffaloe:


The Cynocephaly were known to be in the form of humans with "realistic canine heads." Anubis was just one of many. In fact, there is a chance that the dog you are seeing in the haunted photo is not specifically Anubis. But I personally set out to meet the great one himself. And here he is.

There's no going back now. I have already covered the Cynocephaly story in my recent Our Divine Spinoff blogs. I'll be making a book of them soon. I just wanted you all to see this great work of art before I begin.

Just imagine meeting someone like this. How would you react? There was a point where he was seen as a god and very cruelly ruled over a portion of humanity. It's probably for the best that all we see of him now is just a spooky face in a photograph.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Saint Christopher was a cynocephaly who sought the King of Kings. Anubis, whether the face in this photo or not, was a cynocephaly who enjoyed being a favorite of Satan. Though both of these cynocephaly have the intense glare of their unnatural race, I doubt Christopher's was as menacing. Very spooky, and enlightening, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the glare seems to be common among them! I'm really glad to have made that connection.

      Delete
  2. Interesting information about the backstory of the photo of Martinez, his smile in the photo seems insincere to me. He definitely was being oppressed by this cynocephaly. I certainly wouldn't want to meet a cynocephaly, imagine that awkward gaze...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing what people will worship. As long as what is heard is what they desire they will bow and scrape. So much for the superiority of man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These creatures usually such in the masses through group think. Man is superior, but only on an individual basis.

      Delete