Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Action vs Reaction

Who are you? Are you human? Are you bothering? Are you becoming all that you can be? There is a difference between the concept of acting and the concept of reacting.

Reacting is a product of instinct. Instinct is what dumb animals rely on. Animals never act. They only react. Do you bother? Do you actually try to figure things out, or do you cower away because you are living your life only to check off boxes? Who made these boxes? Did someone else do it? Did you? Did you create your own hell? Are you even here anymore? If you have already stopped caring, then perhaps not.

Do you act? Do you explore? Are you prepared to fail again and again? Are you prepared to try even after failing? Do you bother even though it didn't work out before? If you do, then you are acting. If you learned your lesson and don't bother anymore, you are reacting.

Reactionists rely only on their instincts and a state of reactionary learning. Fire bad. Don't touch. Doing this hurt my feelings. Don't bother. Ouch. Run away. No real thought here. It's just caveman reactions. It's pretty much how a dog learns to behave. Negative reinforcement. It's a good way to keep people in line. People can become paranoid after a number of negative incidents. They base their actions purely around those memories. They build their box and sit on it. No more risks. No try. Cynicism.

Actors are wild and full of energy. The cause pain and suffering wherever they go, but they are not always hated for it. They smash every wall and break every barrier. People cry. People scream. People hate them for ruining this perfect world that had been prepared for them. Actors are cruel people... at least they are seen as such. But the truth is... we look up to them while we are yelling at them to end the suffering. We can't help it. Their far too noticeable. And sometimes... we vote for them. We make them our leaders... and love them.

Actors hurt others, but the pain let's us know we are alive. I ask for it. I want it. I prefer the actor to the reactor. Reactors are pointless. Their just animals. I'd rather someone show up and tear this world apart if it means that freedom and justice ultimately prevail.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You just explained "be fired up for me or cold against me, but don't be lukewarm" in modern terms. I understood. I understand better than I did before. Thanks! You are indeed a troublemaking actor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you understood what I had to say here. Yes, I choose to be an actor. 100%

      Delete
  2. Reactionists let the world shape their behavior, whereas actors are acting from their own will. Actors take initiative and forge their own path. Reactionists become stuck in an endless routine that goes nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those who take action will face resistance. This is because most people go along with the flow. They do not care about the outcome, so long as they do not face it alone.

    ReplyDelete