Monday, June 8, 2020

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Spinoff Book Update

My time has freed up a lot lately, and so I redirected a lot of my efforts to working on the book version of Our Divine Spinoff. This, of course, is the supreme version of the sequel (or spinoff) to my already published book Our Divine Comedy.

I had put off work on it for a number of months due to my job and other obligations. But now I am finally getting close to finishing it. The illustrations are being worked on at the moment. Once they are finished, I'll format the manuscript and send it off to Amazon.com for publication.

Our Divine Spinoff will feature a much cleaner narrative than its blog counterpart. All typos are fixed, and some of the grammar has been corrected to be a bit easier to read. Each and every chapter will have a commentary attached to it, similar to what I did in Our Divine Comedy. And likewise, there will be an illustration for every chapter in the book.

I did struggle for a long time with the title. Our Divine Spinoff sounds a bit weird. But the book is simply not a sequel. It takes place during the timeline of the original book. Some portions of it does not even come from the Bible itself. So it's really more of a spinoff in the end. I've become more and more comfortable with the title as time has gone by.

It is my hope to have the book published within the next month or two. I am rushing it a bit. At this point, it's just a wait to get the illustrations finished. The book will have nearly fifty illustrations which is more than any book I have ever published. The illustrator, Chris Buffaloe, assures me that he is up to the task, and I believe him.

Finally, I will be dedicating the book to fellow author and friend Shawn O'Toole. I had the idea to do it quite recently, and there is now nothing more I wish to do but just that. There was a half-and-half reason for doing this, The first half will be included in the short but sweet dedication. The other half is that he really, really liked the first book and has spent enough time talking to me about it that I think it's probably a good idea to give him the dedication.

I know this sounds a bit odd, but I consider the dedication page as cannon to my work. Although a dedication is not usually considered a part of the narrative, I think that the Our Divine books often feel like a story about itself, and the author often becomes a part of its creation. I feel that mentioning the dedication as well as the little caveat included with it, will add to the many other reasons that explain why this book was written in the first place. So for this reason, the dedication to Shawn O'Toole is canon and forever immortalized as a part of Our Divine.

With that, I suppose a little plug for the original book is in order. Check the information below:

Our Divine Comedy Paperback: $13.33 CLICK HERE!

Our Divine Comedy Kindle Version: $3.33 CLICK HERE!

And as always...

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. I still read the original. I shall read this one regularly too... and with the added perk that it is dedicated to me, its biggest fan. THANK YOU my friend for demonstrating the comedy is at its best when serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will love it. It was so much fun to work on.

      Delete
  2. I loved reading "Our Divine Spinoff" via your blogs and readings, the humor and spiritual clarity is supreme. I'm enjoying working on the illustrations. Can't wait to see the final copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran into a similar problem when trying to come up with a name for my second fantasy story collection. Calling it a second volume or simply using the word 'More' just did not sound right. I decided to use something that fit more with the setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just went with more of a silly thing that explained what it was directly.

      Delete