Thursday, June 25, 2020

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Why Does Pluto Have a Heart on It?

I was watching my good friend Chris work on an illustration for my next book. I asked him to draw a picture of Pluto for me, and a question I am sure many people have asked popped up in my head: Why does Pluto have a heart on it?

The thing is... it's not even what a real heart looks like. It's the kind of heart you find on a deck of cards. It's also a lot bumpier than one of those hearts, but you don't need to squint much to see it. It's there. The shape is very noticeable. When I look at a photograph of Pluto... I see a planet with a heart shape on it. I really do.

One might just call it a random shape that just happens to resemble what we would call a heart. It could be just our imaginations seeing something that really isn't anything. It could be much like the forms we see on a cloudy day. All of this could just be coincident. And to think it is something meaningful could simply be a dangerous path to what is commonly known as... delusion. And that's true. It could be.

I don't think I am delusional. I really don't. I see patterns in things all the time, but I know better. I take what I see seriously and know when to let something go. But the point I am really trying to make here is that... Pluto appears to have a heart shape on it. When I look at it... I see a heart. And it isn't just any heart... it is surprisingly beautiful to look at. It's rather hard to stop looking at it. It's one of the more gorgeous heart shapes I have ever seen.

At the beginning of time, there was an explosion. The universe burst out from a singular point with pinpoint precision. Everything came to be exactly as it was designed to be. And this sphere... this single sphere way out in space at the edge of our solar system... It ended up with a heart on it. I see no reason why this question should not be asked. So go ahead... ask it.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. There are signs everywhere. They may be misread or simply unnoticed, but they are out there. Only time will tell if this is a sign or simply a lovely splotch of sheer coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That heart has been out there for much longer than we could see it. I giggle when I consider that. You are right, of course. We could find out later on that it was nothing but like the clouds in the sky.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if the reason people are so against pluto being a planet is to shift any interest or speculations from it. The question that comes to mind for me is "Why not?". The Artist does what he wants with his creation after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, don't give up on Pluto. It has a heart on it. It needs out love! All joking aside, that IS a possibility. I Haven't trusted the science community in a long while. Although science is a real thing, the community has turned into a false god. We're better off searching the universe on our own.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes, creators put a stamp on their work. This one seems to be a message of some kind. What it means has not been revealed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe! It might be some sort of stamp. Hard to say at the moment. That would sure be cool though!

      Delete