Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Fairy Tale Spotlight: How Can a Fairy Tale Be Real?

The question posed in the title "How can a fairy tale be real?" has much to do with the ending of the age of mysticism. The age of mysticism refers to the a point in our history where fairies, gods, demons, and all those strange creatures from old stories were clear and present for all to see. They were a normal part of our lives, although still strange and wonderful. There came a point when the age of mysticism ended, and we were later inclined to disbelieve these stories as mere fiction.

I do have a hunch as to when this happened, but I'd rather talk about the concept of why we stopped believing. I'll be as brief as I can.

I do think that there are a lot of people that still do believe in fairy creatures. But there is a social expectation that they do not. And this expectation can sully the heart to a degree. They, at times, will disbelieve it themselves in order to stay sane.

If you try and imagine the end of an age where people knew fairies were real, there would naturally be a movement to keep the tales alive through story-telling. People with first hand experiences and encounters would keep the stories alive up until the time of their death. Their children would retell these stories but without the personal encounters to back it up. With each generation, the stories would be less reliable, and worse, they would become factually distant from the original tale, in much the same way that happens in a whispering campaign.

Of course, this all occurs because encounters with fairy creatures completely comes to a halt. People are not seeing them anymore. They have either gone into hiding or have been, in some way, prevented from appearing. There may also be some person or group flat out saying that none of it was real. Over time, that ideal can take hold, especially since there is no proof anymore.

The fairy tales we have today are after generations of this unfortunate whispering campaign, as well as the cultural belief that fairies are a work of fiction. Even Christians struggle with the ideas of angels and demons, often making up comfortable versions of them without actually doing real investigations into their origins. We have been indoctrinated with the belief that fairies of all types just don't exist, and to say otherwise makes you seem or even feel crazy.

Personally, I don't think anything should be taken off the table simply because of social expectations. Let's put all ideas to the fire and see what happens. I think fairies are still out there and probably right under our noses. I mean... what would you do if you even saw one at this point? I wager that you'd either ignore it or pass it off as just something you don't understand. Of course, if you do this, they get the right to laugh at you for your blindness. I'd laugh too if I were them.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Interesting stuff, I personally believe that the veil was much thinner in the age of mysticism. The spirit of the encounters still remain within the tales, it's up to us to do the research. I can totally believe they are laughing at us blind humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We now live in a culture of fictional fairies with the expectation that believing in them makes you crazy. Nobody will even entertain the idea, and that is by design.

      Delete
  2. I witnessed a miracle, not knowing it was a miracle till later. Even then, I couldn't believe it was real even though I saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears. Like everyone else, I was brainwashed to disbelieve in such things. Many years later, I saw a fairy. It was like a shadow without a wall. I wasn't the only one who saw it. I kept what I saw to myself, because it was "Impossible" and I didn't want to sound crazy. My sister told me what she saw. A friend confirmed that he saw it too. Each of us saw it at different times but in the same room. I described it as "discreet." My friend said it was "shy." We used different words to describe the same thing. I now know the "rational explanation" tendency is willful closing of the third eye. I have learned my lesson. I bear witness: FAIRIES ARE REAL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it. We all saw it independently. It was real, and we know it now.

      Delete
  3. There is much we do not know. So, it is arrogant to presume anything. That which we do not see can hurt us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Just be open-minded. That's all you have to be.

      Delete