Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Actual Good Christian Movies

Since most Christian filmmaking is, for lack of a better term, shit, I thought it might be nice to create a list of the ones I found that were actually good. I may expand the list later on as I find more. I'll list them out and give a brief explanation of why they are so good. Keep in mind that these are movies I have actually seen. There might be more out there, but I won't list it if I haven't seen it.

---Frailty (2001): A complete work of Christian fiction that I simply will not spoil. Just trust me that I know what I am doing when I recommend it.

---The Box (2009): It could be argued that this movie is not a Christian movie at all. It's more of a supernatural thriller. Nevertheless, I do recommend it to a Christian crowd far more than most of the garbage out there. It shows the major reason God has so many problems with His humans.

---Pilgrim's Progress (1978 - Animated): From what I understand, this was a remaster of a 1950's film. It's really quite good and uses a lot of rotoscoped animation. It follows the source material well and has some genuinely creepy moments in it. A small criticism for its wooden female voice acting. This one is great for children, but, if you're an adult, it may bring you to tears in some parts.

---The Small One (1978 - Animated): An actual great Disney Christian film. It is entirely a work of fiction, but if it had actually happened, it would make sense. The story understands what is important to God when he choses to do things. This story is not only touching, it's surprisingly plausible even though it is actually fiction.

---Blood and Honey (1991 - TV Show): I usually get extremely annoyed when Biblical stories fail to follow the source material, but the way Tony Robinson tells these stories are so entertaining that I gave it a pass. These episodes are hard to find though! Good luck!

That's all for now. I'll update this list whenever I can. Just understand that there is a major difference between a Christian film and an Inspirational film. If you see a film listed as Christian/Inspirational, you should probably just pass on it. A lot of modern Christian movies employ emotional manipulation tactics to make you feel inspired while feeding you with irrelevant/baseless material. If all else fails, go watch something Satanic. You'll ironically find better quality there. Not even joking.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. The movies JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR and THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST are satanic propaganda... but much better than most things supposedly Christian. Because I could not be deceived by the spin of these movies, I was instead enlightened. Unlike "Christian" movies, these two movies were not rendered limited by their makers. They did think "outside the box," though to make an evil point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed these are some great Christian movies, it's a shame there are so few. God's response to most so called Christian moves would probably be "BORING!". Creators should pour all their love in creating instead of censoring or taking the edge out of it in the name of some kind of virtue signal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a ton of Christian films, but only 1% are worth a damn.

      Delete
  3. Movies are best when they tell a good story. Too often the message becomes the focus, and the characters are merely tools to fulfill an agenda. Good storytelling tends to succeed, where propaganda fails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the ones with an agenda. Don't make a Christian movie just to be inspiring.

      Delete