This book is actually a musical. The characters will often break out into song as if it was the natural thing to do in that universe. Of course, this comes across as mere poetry to the reader, however, Donald White gives you links to a YouTube video of him actually singing it. This is, of course, optional, but it is great that it's there.
But what is the story?!
Well, the story follows a man named Klaus who wants to fly in an era where there is very little technology. Nobody has ever flown before, and he sort of takes up the idea as an obsession. He has friends and detractors. There is an out right rival of Klaus who acts as a pessimist for Klaus to push against.
This story also has a romantic element. Klaus is in love with a woman named Heidi, and this is especially good for a musical. It adds that extra touch to make sure all the bases are covered.
Now, I don't really like over-spoiling brand new books, so I won't go much further into it. Just know that this story does follow the formula of a musical from, perhaps, the 50's or 60's. It's pretty solid, and I really enjoyed reading it. If you do not hear Donald sing the music, it works perfectly well as just poetry.
I do recommend this book, and it is not at all expensive. Give this one a try. It is very unique. I know of no other story written this way. Very novel.
This blog was written on July 19, 2026.
Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, why not leave a comment below? I'd love to hear what you think. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ
Check out my books! Thanks!

Unique, indeed. It is something original as appreciation of a style that went away generations ago. It is indeed a musical. The setting is a world where flight is deemed impossible but a world of music cannot be stopped.
ReplyDeleteI am really happy this exists.
DeleteI have always wanted to write a musical , so I decided to do so. The story was actually born from the first song that Klaus sings, which I had from a novel that I wrote entitled Pulling Strings. Once I determined what the song was about, I knew what the story would be.
ReplyDeleteVery cool! You did great!
Delete