Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Micah [Book Review]

"Micah" is the thirty-third book of the "Holy Bible," and, for as much as my research shows, it was written by Micah himself. I was however having a little trouble confirming it though.

The book of "Micah" is written with much passion. As with most of the prophetic books, it talks about the rightful punishment of Israel. It's something I have read many times. They served idols of their own hands, sacrificed children, all those things. This is nothing new to me.

What sets this book apart is a really passionate prophecy about a great king that shall be born in Bethlehem. Woke me right up! It was a fiery chapter that is well worth your time to read. (Chapter 5 if you are interested.) Jesus was prophesized in an earlier book, but this placed His appearance in a specific location, which acts as an additional sign. Very cool. Also cool that I finished the book on Christmas Day. No joke. Wrote this blog on the same day.

Another thing thing that set "Micah" apart was an explanation of how God does eventually calm down after He is done punishing His people, because He loves mercy. He is always there for his people at the end of a long beating session. I like that by the way.

Other than what I've said, that's really all there is to it. "Micah" is written very well and has a fiery spirit to it. I enjoyed it and recommend it. For me, it was about an 18-minute read. Short, sweet, and to the point.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ

Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. VERY interesting that you read about Christmas... on Christmas... by sheer coincidence. Then again, I don't believe it was coincidence. God does seem to enjoy leaving "Easter egg" signs for us to find throughout his Creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't lost on me. I was rather grinning pretty hard when I realized it had happened.

      Delete
  2. Yea, definitely not a coincidence. Awesome that not only did the Old Testament prophesize the coming of Jesus but also gave the timing and place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All very important so that when it actually does happen, you can point to the scripture as proof of the foretelling.

      Delete
  3. Because of His mercy, we were given a Saviour. His Son did what no one else would. Everything changed because of what happened in that little town.

    ReplyDelete