Monday, February 14, 2022

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Haggai [Book Review]

"Haggai" is the thirty-seventh book of the "Holy Bible," and it was written by Haggai himself. You know, sometimes I feel like the Bible was edited like a Quentin Tarantino film. Everything is so completely out of order. I keep coming across prophets from before and after the Babylonian invasion. In the case of "Haggai," it happens after, during the time of Daniel and the reign of King Darius.

More importantly, this seems to be happing during the same time as the book "Ezra" and "Nehemiah," but please don't quote me on that. I actually don't know for sure. "Ezra" seemed to be referring to King Cyrus' reign, but "Haggai" clearly says King Darius was ruling. I'm not perfect. I can get confused.

The point is that God is allowing his priests to return to His temple, which honestly was during the reign of Cyrus. This may be a precursor to that happening. Either way, the point of the book is abundantly clear. God was done beating the crap out of His people, and now it was time for mercy. It was time for the priests to resume their roles.

God wasn't going to just let them waltz back into His house though. Humorously, He quizzes them a couple times in this book to see how they will answer, and they answer correctly. I got a chuckle from that part.

That's really the gist of it. It was about a 9-minute read. I recommend "Haggai" as a good example of God's mercy. If people seek Him, He will not abandon them. And do forgive me for some of my historical confusions. I do my very best, but it can be a troublesome thing for an armature like myself.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ

Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. "By reasons of breakings they purified themselves." God broke them the same way a wild animal can be tamed: by asserting dominance. It squeezes the pride out of the proud. Funny that the mortal and only human play games as if gods themselves. They always lose... but are typically too stupid to take the hint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and I can guarantee you that it would not matter in the long run. Humans always forget or stop caring.

      Delete
  2. Fascinating, God showed mercy and let the priests back in. He had some fun quizzing them though and watched them sweat haha. It is cool that you can keep up with the chronology despite the disorder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BARELY! It was an ongoing trial. I wish the books had been dated as they were written.

      Delete
  3. Without His mercy our situation would be a dire one. We must use the opportunities presented to make things better. The first step is acknowledging just where we are.

    ReplyDelete