Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Zephaniah [Book Review]

Do you ever feel like you're scraping a barrel?

"Zephaniah" is the thirty-sixth book of the "Holy Bible," and it was written by Zephaniah himself. This book is a very generalized prophecy against anyone who dares to defy God. Although it does mention particular places, it tends to lean in on humanity as a whole. It does feel a bit generic because of this.

I mean... Most of the books around this point deal with this very thing. And I will admit that it is wearing on me a little bit. It's not because I think these books are irrelevant, but as a reader who is marathoning the books, it can bring one down a bit.

There have been boring books in the Bible that were legitimately boring. Moses wrote most of them, by the way. "Zephaniah" is not at all boring, but that doesn't stop me from being bored because of my own self-imposed situation. So I do want it to be clear that it's was really just me, and not the Bible, that created this situation.

For all it's 9-minute content, "Zephaniah" is quite a good, little book which bravely lays out the facts that those who are against the Lord will ultimately pay. It is in plane text, and there is no way to misinterpret it. There has been, with these prophetic books, a common quotation referred to as "The Day of the Lord." Apparently a lot of people on the internet doesn't know what that means. In context, it refers to the time where God gets his vengeance on sinners. It is stated in this book as well, and means the same thing.

"Zephaniah" is entirely recommended for it's universal message and its brevity. You should read it. Just please excuse this humble reader who is presently getting burnt out on minor prophets. I chose this path. Nobody made me do it.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ

Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. When the message is loud and clear... and constant, then the guilty shall have NO excuse on the Day of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Redundancies DO help with correlation. It was for the best.

      Delete
  2. I feel for you my friend, I am glad that you are giving your personal insights on all of the Bible. You would think with all these warnings people would not go out of their way to defy The Lord. The Day of The Lord is indeed a sad one for those who do not take heed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All in all, I think it will be worth it in the end. I like that I am studying it without letting other people tell me what to think. I'm trying so hard to just be an individual.

      Delete
  3. I get the impression that these prophecies of doom are there to prepare us for the hope that is to come. This includes the knowledge that the wicked will be dealt with. Evil has had its day, but they will tremble when His day comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will all be put in their places. They won't be able to resist it.

      Delete