Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Thessalonians I [Book Review]

These books are so short!

"Thessalonians I" is the fifty-second book of the "Holy Bible." Is is a letter, written by Paul, to the church of Thessalonica.

So a lot of these letters from Paul tend to say roughly the same things, but there is usually one thing that separates them from the others. This one in particular was very optimistic, and I do like it when they are. Paul sounds like he has it so hard in life, and he is doing everything he can to help people who want to know about Jesus.

The two main things that stood out to me in this book was the mentioning that we should quietly work towards our goals in life, but ultimately towards God. This leads as an example to others who see you. I really have tried to adopt this, I have a lot of projects in my life that I am honest about. I don't out-rightly talk about spiritual things unless people directly ask me. Although I do tend towards emotional outbursts, I have been working very hard to remove that problem from myself.

The book also goes into the second coming of Christ, talking about how absolutely loud and wonderful it will be. The language of it is really extraordinary: "...the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:..." Holy crap. When Jesus comes back, it will not be missed by anyone... even if you happen to be staring at your smartphone at the time.

As usual, "Thessalonians I" is an easy book to recommend. It's very short and impactful for what it represents. Now, if you'll please excuse me, I need to keep going.

This blog was written on February 24, 2022.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. Also stop by my Amazon.com listing by clicking this link: https://www.amazon.com/T.K.-Wade/e/B07BQK9RTZ

Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, Jesus can only be ignored when he allows it. He cannot be ignored when his Father insists it is time to make himself LOUD AND CLEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed when Jesus returns all will see and hear no matter how blind and deaf they are. Working towards our goals giving glory to God is what life is all about. Our tree must bear fruit as an example to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They won't have a choice but to see the truth. Love it!

      Delete
  3. Our actions will show who we are, yet we should look for opportunities to use our words to spread the Truth. What comes from the mouth comes from the heart. Sermons are not necessary, just share your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actions are a good example of who people are but its one nuance among many others.

      Delete