Monday, February 19, 2018

Ava in Fairyland -- What's it all About?



"Ava in Fairyland" is a fully illustrated book available in bookstores and on Amazon.com. I set out to write this book after I had finished reading the collected Oz books by L. Frank Baum. It was intentionally written to resemble the style of Baum not only in narrative but also in theme.

In many ways, my Fairyland is similar to Oz. I borrowed a lot of world rules from his American fairy tale such as immortality and the lack of a heart for one of the characters. It was a fun project, but while my illustrator was working on the images for the book, a new project came about.

My friends and I are a part of a creative group called The Figments. We spent months putting together an audio drama based on the book that was not even finished yet. By the time the illustrations were complete, we had finished the entire project in 12 episodes. These episodes are available on YouTube for your listening pleasure. (See below!)

--

Available on Amazon.com!

Paperback Edition: $7.99 (Prime eligible!)
Kindle Edition: $2.99

Click here to check out the Amazon.com listing!

Click here to listen to the audio drama on YouTube!

tkwade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment