Tuesday, February 13, 2018

The Fascinating Life of Animal Robots -- What's it all About?


My first science fiction novel, "The Fascinating Life of Animal Robots," was inspired by a number of other works. "Argo" by Rick Griffin perhaps sparked the idea. But some time after, I ended up watching all of the Alien movies for the first time. I was fascinated with Ridley Scott's interpretation of robots.

I imagined what would happen to our world if we were to make robots that seemed to think and feel like people. But I didn't just want the robots to look like us. I wanted them to look like cartoons and basically be sold as extremely expensive toys.

This novel is my best estimation as to how a world with all its inherent corruption would react to this sort of phenomenon. At times, it was very good, and the world seemed to be made better for it. But with the good came the bad. And that is likely the most striking part of this story. We may wonder: "Who really is at fault? Is it the humans who made the robots, or the humans who bought them?" You can decide for yourself as you read.

--

Available on Amazon.com!

Paperback Edition: $15.99 (Prime eligible!)
Kindle Edition: $4.99

Click here to check out the Amazon.com listing!

tkwade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment