Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Comedy, Pt. 19

In the beginning, God had a plan, but the plan never seemed to go his way. So he tried other plans. Those did not work either. Still, he never gave up. But finally, he came up with what he believed would be the real winner.

"Mind if I interrupt?" asked Lucifer.

"What?" asked God who was quite busy at the time leaning over the table. "Right now? Can't you see what I am trying to do here?"

"Yes, you're trying to get a virgin pregnant. Can it wait?"

God stood up with a groan. "What is it, Lucifer?"

"I wanted to express a bit of contempt."

"What about?"

"I'm beginning to feel that you and I are not seeing eye to eye on a good many things."

"That's because I'm much taller than you, Lucifer. Now can I get back to my business?"

"Yes, of course." God almost turned around but Lucifer held up a finger saying, "It's just that... the point of what I am often trying to make seems a bit lost on you lately."

God grunted a little as he turned back to his best angel. "You mean the part about how everybody should be totally equal and be a god like me? How we should destroy things to make more of something?"

"I think that I have already proven that my beliefs have born fruit. Remember what I did with that one planet?"

"Yes, you turned it into the Solar system's asteroid belt."

Lucifer corrected, "A very pretty asteroid belt, mind you."

"There were people on that planet. Remember?"

Lucifer rolled his eyes. "As if you actually care about a few billion people. You kill humans at a mere whim."

God groaned. "At least, I am a bit more creative about it. Also practical. That planet has been made entirely useless."

"It's still very pretty."

"Whatever."

Lucifer sighed. "You just never seem to understand the genius of my arguments. I have so much to offer. It isn't fair that you simply dismiss my beliefs. The universe would be so much better if you simply accept that my friends and I identify as gods."

"You're angels though," said God furrowing his brow.

"But we identify as gods and the humans seem to accept that. Remember all the things we did in Egypt? They accepted us. They even accepted our offspring."

"Yeah, about that!" snapped God. "I really don't appreciate you fiddling about with the genetics of my favorite planet. It's been causing a lot of confusion and... quite frankly... it's in very bad taste."

"Says the man who is trying to impregnate a woman without her consent."

"This is different."

"How is it any different than what I have been doing?" asked Lucifer.

"What you have done has corrupted and destroyed genetic codes across the Line. What I am doing is an act of creation... ultimately."

"But the morality of it..."

"Everything I do is moral, Lucifer. I'm God. I could declare horrible things that people could not even possibly imagine, and each and every one of those declarations would be as righteous and moral as everything else I've done. You are in no place to judge me. I created you."

"I am not judging you, God," returned Lucifer. "I simply don't agree."

God chuckled. "Listen to you... using contractions in your sentence. Those are mine, you know. First thing I ever invented. Face it, Lucifer. You belong to me. I created you, and you will always find yourself as less than me. Try as you will to be more than you are, and you will always be a miserable and woefully pale imitation of myself."

"That was uncalled for," grumbled Lucifer who was getting a tad emotional.

"Just keep doing whatever bullshit you've been doing, Lucifer. It won't make you any better. It won't change the outcome. I shall always have the moral high ground over you. Now, if you will excuse me, I've got to knock up this innocent woman."

Lucifer raised his head with dignity as God turned back around to the table. The angel turned about and walked away to continue with his own plans. To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you like it? Did you hate it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books!

6 comments:

  1. The way Lucifer argued "we IDENTIFY as gods" was not only hilarious, but so obvious in the satanic agenda being pushed so hard today. He "identifies" as being a god... yet NEEDS the authority of the REAL God to make it actual, hence, Lucifer is not a god, no matter how many human votes he garners. The way God explains his innate righteousness was profound. It is cinched when he declares he's knocking up a virgin without her consent and he does so with EVERY right to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great reply! Identity politics was started by Lucifer. It's pretty much recorded in history! And yes, God can do what he wants. What are you gonna do about it? Nothing.

      Delete
  2. He who has the power makes the rules. Good and evil are not even considered. The only concern is what is desired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We cannot judge God when he does things. We can only appreciate what he does. It is up to the Holy Spirit to decide what it good or evil for he has a frame of reference to do so.

      Now, I understand how we have a personal bias based on what people do to us here on the Line. We judge others accordingly. However that does not properly extend to God. It can't. He created us.

      Delete
  3. I loved the part about Lucifer "creating" the asteroid belt, creation through destruction is such a stupid idea. "Identify as gods" was hilarious, Lucifer believes if he can fool the world into accepting his lie than it will be credible, that whole notion of acceptance is a beta male sophistry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creation via destruction is just... so... ridiculous. It takes a rationalization just to make it make sense. And really... it doesn't make sense.

      Delete