Thursday, November 8, 2018

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Comedy, Pt. 14

In the beginning, God thought he knew what he was doing. But things did not always go his way. There were times that he could not look at his creations and so looked away to the only thing that he absolutely adored looking at.

"Why are you looking at me?" asked Mr. Nobody.

"Because I adore you," replied God.

"Why don't you look at your creation instead?"

"Because it's too depressing."

"You're depressed?"

"Incredibly. I think I may have turned the intelligence of the humans down a bit too much. I screwed up. I screwed up bad."

"Then why don't you do away with them?"

God shook his head. "I won't do that. Not even for you."

"Your people are suffering under the weight of their own stupidity. They created a god to worship themselves. They worked hard at making the thing... and then they worship it. Face the facts, God, you aren't very good at creating people."

"That isn't true," replied God. "I am very good at making people. I am not very good at keeping it consistent over many generations. I lose track of them as they breed and branch out."

"Then why continue?" asked Mr. Nobody.

"Because this is what I want."

"This?" asked the Holy Spirit while gesturing at the table. "Seriously? This? This is really what you want?"

"Please don't."

"Don't what? God, you have created a world filled with hopeless and selfish ingrates. You are obviously inept at it. Nothing good will come of this experiment and you know it. Why don't you just do what you are so good at and wipe it all clean?"

"And you along with it?"

"Yes!"

"Stop it," groaned God.

"Stop what?"

"Stop telling me to wipe out my creation. Your very principles are why I won't do it."

"What are you saying?" asked Mr. Nobody.

"Your dance. Your dance is the whole reason this world has to continue on its course. You are the reason I do what I do."

"Rubbish. You are a petty and egotistical fool who only seeks to serve himself."

"Yes," replied God.

"What?"

"Yes. I do this to serve myself. I cannot help it. It is who I am. But I am trying to make a creation that exceeds even me. I cannot do that without your guidance."

"Your creation is a failure," repeated the Holy Spirit. "End it."

"Stop it."

"Just end it!"

"I can't!" God cried. "It's mine! It's the only thing I have! Without it I have NOTHING! NOTHING! Do you even know what nothing is like?! No, you don't! You didn't even know yourself before I pulled you into this! It's horrible and boring!"

The Holy Spirit was not diminished by God's ire. "Nothing would be better than this pointless chaos!"

"It isn't easy!" shouted God. "This is the most difficult thing I have ever done! I am constantly surrounded by unexpected problems that seem nearly impossible to fix!"

"Then do away with it!" shouted Mr. Nobody.

"No! Don't take this away from me! It's all I have. It's all I ever wanted!"

"What do you want?"

"For it to end right! For there to be some point to all of this! That's all! They're all I have! Even most of my angels turned on me! Please, don't you turn on me too! I want this so bad! I don't want to give up! Please!"

"Yes," replied the Holy Spirit.

"What?"

"I won't turn my back on you. Continue."

"You're backing me?"

"With all of my heart. But just understand that I will never, ever be satisfied until everything in the universe, including me, is wiped out."

God nodded slowly. "I can live with that." Mr. Nobody groaned. To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog. Did you like it? Did you hate it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. God articulated himself well. Mr. Nobody understood, not as empathy, but as sympathy. Mr. Nobody hoped to be wiped out, knowing WHAT is he would be cleansed of what he is not. That thing he would be "cleansed" of, however, would take the dance off the table. God's "thanks for backing. Too bad for you, sorry," rings so sadly true. I groaned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounded like God wanted permission to ruin his life.

      Delete
  2. As long as he is willing to sacrifice others to get what he wants, nothing will change. He is desperate to have something to call his own. By this very possession, he is constantly frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is who he is. Get over it. And there will be change once power exchanges hands. More to come on that later.

      Delete
  3. A very heartfelt conversation between The Holy Spirit and God. God grieved for creating Man upon the earth and The Holy Spirit pointed out the shortcomings very well, his perspective is very convincing for reason to end it all. But God cannot wipe it all out because he brought Mr. Nobody into it and will not go against his principles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time he can't just destroy all of it. It's rough.

      Delete