Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Comedy Pt. 27 (Final)

In the beginning, there was a storm. And the storm was called Florence even though it had no awareness to comprehend that name. And the storm itself was called forth by actions taken by Lucifer at a period before Adam, but no one seemed to know this, and so they blamed the storm itself and insisted on giving it a name. And this storm which had no real consciousness plowed over me, and made terrifying noises, and removed from me many conveniences for the period of one and one-half weeks. And there came a point where I realized that I had become naked and alone with nothing to do but sit and stare into the void that was reality. And after so much time... I realized... that it was all quite humorous.

The weeks and months after the storm were filled with pestilence and plagues. Insects swarmed my home, and I suffered through their annoyances as I began to write the very thing you have been reading all of this time. I suffered a nasty illness to the point that I was unable to sleep for several nights in a row. My car broke down twice and I have only just recovered it after nearly a month. The toilets in my house also overflowed and filled my abode with nastiness, and during this time I suffered great humiliation of which I will not speak. All these things happened during the span of time that this story was written, and through it all I somehow continued to write it.

And then there came a day where I was sitting alone in my room. A bright light suddenly pierced its way through my ceiling and struck me across the face. I shielded myself and squinted my eyes as I attempted to pier up into the face of the one whom, no doubt, Moses beheld twice upon the great mountain. Tears fell from my eyes as I realized the truth of the universe, but it was not what people thought. It was a punchline, and I had been the gullible fool.

But then another revelation came to me as I sat upon my chair. I realized that the punchline was also reality. Everything had happened despite there being a certain degree of hilarity to it. I turned on the TV and checked the news. I saw the madness that had taken over the world. The serious ones were failing and the mad men were winning. And I realized then that I loved the mad men. I loved them with all of my heart. They were God-like: brash, uncaring, unfriendly men who did things by their own will and cared nothing for those who defied them. They tore their hands into the earth and threw up the dirt to build new and wonderful things. I loved them, and I knew it. I could see God's handiwork through these men, and that was when I realized that I wanted to be mad too.

I knelt down and knew that God had not caused the suffering that I went through. He simply allowed it. He allowed it because he knew I would never quit. And he laughed at my suffering because he knew it would never destroy me. And I rejoiced in him and loved him for his actions, for those actions were what changed the path of this world. That he gave his only son to be the leader of this world, blessed by the Holy Spirit, was enough to pardon him, for he had judged himself and so removed himself from leadership.

And in my final moments, I looked up into the heavens and I asked of God himself, "Was it good? Was my story good? After all the horrible things that happened to me, did you enjoy my story?"

And after a small time, the answer indeed came from the lips of God, "Eh, it was okay."

The end.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you like it? Did you hate it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful! The ending of this long comedy proves its point from the beginning. "God is mean" and "life isn't fair" are laughed at but in all seriousness. The "mad men" were the men of God from the Beginning, the "troublemakers" who trouble us because they disrupt the lukewarm status quo of Satan's failed democracy. Nothing began from the Many. It all began with One. It shall come to fruition by One and all his sons just like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so much better off under the rule of Jesus! Sooooo much better. Jesus still takes after his father, but he does so with compassion. I can see the link. We need more crazy carpenters in this world.

      Delete
  2. Do not expect high praise from the most high. If what you did was actually acknowledged, you should rejoice. That is the best you can hope for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't. I never did. Good lord, get a sense of humor.

      Delete
  3. Awesome that you found inspiration amongst such suffering. From the shadows you found light and so you created. The part about the mad men being God-like was enlightening. God replying "Eh, it was okay." was hilarious, only the vain would expect praise from God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the pain! The pain! All I ever wanted to be was appreciated! HAHAHA!

      Delete