Thursday, March 14, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Spinoff, Part 3

“Oh honey, you were wonderful,” said the woman.

“I was?” returned Manoah. “What did I do?”

“You were so caring and loving and… I just never knew you had it in you.”

The old man was confused. “What did I have in me? Wasn’t I sleeping a moment ago?”

“Oh no,” said the wife. “You were absolutely an animal! I mean… all the times before you were kind of boring and repetitive, but not this time. It was like you were a messenger from God sent to make me feel what love was truly meant to be!”

Manoah just stared at her for a bit. “Are you sure that was me? I can barely get the thing to work anymore let alone do the things you’re saying to me.”

“Of course, it was you,” she said. “I mean… who else could it have been?”

“I suppose you’re right, dear. Very well. I guess I must have what it takes after all. Coffee, dear?”

“I don’t need coffee anymore,” she said. “After what you did to me, I’ll never sleep again.” Manoah stared at her for a bit longer. After shaking his head, he groaned and went to get coffee.

A moment after the husband had left the room, there was a bright light that filled the bedroom. The woman’s eyes opened wide as she looked upon the light of what must surely be from God himself. An angel materialized before her holding a sword and shield. He was incredibly handsome.

In a voice that boomed throughout the room, the angel spoke to her, “Behold! Thou shalt conceive and bear a son! And now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean thing, for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death!”

After panting from the sheer handsomeness of this angel, the wife of Manoah asked, “Really?”

“Yes, really,” replied the angel.

“I’m really pregnant?”

“Yes!”

“With a child?!”

The angel blinked and stared at her for a moment. “Did you want something else in there?”

“No! No! It’s exactly what I wanted!”

“Then all is well!” And so the angel disappeared from the room and took with him the holy light of God. The wife sat there panting for a moment. She was still in shock that it had happened at all. “I’ve got to tell Manoah,” she whispered to herself.

“He said what?!” cried out Manoah after dropping his coffee mug.

“The Lord has given us a child!” repeated the wife. “He must have given you that great and loving spirit that you had last night.”

“Dear, we can’t have a child. I’m old and have no idea how to take care of one anymore.”

“But the Lord has given us one, and we must be ready for it.”

“But we are poor and can’t even afford college for him. Dear, this is too much.”

“It’s too bad. We’ll have to do our best.” And so she walked out of the room with a smile on her face.

Poor Manoah dropped to his knees and cried out, “Oh my Lord! Let the man of which God didst send come again to us and teach us what we shall do unto the child that shall be born!”

The next day: Manoah’s wife was dancing about in a nearby field when the great light poured down upon her once again. She froze and soon realized that she was in the presence of the angel again. “Oh wait!” she shouted. “Let me get my husband!” And so she ran back into her home and dragged him outside so that she could prove to him that an angel really did come.

“Oh hi,” said Manoah who had no idea of how to address a messenger from God.

“You had a question for me?” asked the angel.

“Yes. I did,” said Manoah. “It’s just that… I do not know how a child should be raised.”

“Yes,” said the angel. “I pretty much went over with your wife. No drinking and all that.”

“I remember it all,” she said.

“Good,” said the angel. “I am glad I came all the way here to find out that you remember everything.”

“Sorry,” he said. “What about you? What is your name?”

“Not sure what the point is in saying my name since I am a being of which is beyond you.”

“He’s right, dear,” said the wife.

“Whoops, okay,” said the husband awkwardly. “So… like... should we make a sacrifice for you?” asked Manoah.

“No, but if you do, make thy sacrifice to the Lord. I am not to have any sacrifice made to me. Is that understood?”

“Yes!” they both cried. And so he disappeared and took the light with him.

“We’re gonna die!” screeched out Manoah who was prone to such panic attacks.

“No, we shall be fine,” said the blissful wife. “If God meant to kill us, then we would have already died. Come, let us make our offering and give thanks that we shall soon have a child and that you are so much better a lover than you have ever been.”

“Okay, fine,” said Manoah who was still so surprised to find out that he was such a great lover.

To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Did you hate it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. I envisioned the Ropers, from Three's Company. Back in the 70s I'd have them play the humans. HILARIOUS! The angel's attitude was as if he was politely rolling his eyes. When he claimed he was beyond the humans, he meant it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ropers are a great example. I actually loved their Spinoff show. And here we are dealing with a Spinoff!

      Delete
  2. It is funny that when people get what they want they are still not happy. I can understand the confusion, because these things do not usually happen. Still, they should count their blessings while they have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Manoah has some impossibly high standards to live up to with his wife after this divine intervention, haha. Manoah was hilarious, the Angel had a spiritual face-palm moment. The part where the Angel was VERY clear that any sacrifice was to be made to the Lord really illustrates his allegiance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know. He is not going to be able to reproduce her experience. Not even close. It's hilarious!

      Delete