Thursday, May 23, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Spinoff, Part 23

Job had a wife. After losing everything, she was the only familial relation Job had left. It was very difficult to take care of a man so defeated, but there came a day when she went in to see him and was surprised to find him covered in sores and bruises.

“Good grief,” she said tossing down a cleaning cloth. “What are you doing?!”

“Now sure what you mean, wife,” grumbled Job.

“Look at yourself!” she cried out.

“I’d really rather not, dear,” he returned.

“Well, I’ll tell you! You’re sick! You’re covered in scars and boils! Just admit it!”

“Admit to what, dear?”

“That God has forsaken you! He has taken everything away from you, including your health.”

Job glared at his wife for a moment before admitting, “Indeed, God has done so. It is pretty obvious at this point. However I am unsure what you are getting at specifically.”

“Are you seriously maintaining your integrity as God’s loyal servant? At this point you might as well curse God and die!”

“You talk like a foolish woman. God does great and wonderful things, but should we expect only that and nothing bad? Dear Lord, what a happy little world full of hopping bunnies and dancing grasshoppers you must live in. This is serious business, woman!”

“I don’t think I like the way you are speaking to me,” she muttered.

“Boo hoo, woman! I don’t like losing everything and having my body beset with disease, but what am I gonna do?! What will cursing God get for me?! Out of here, woman! Let me sit here in my own sick.”

“Hmmf!” she grumped before leaving him alone.

Through all this, God had been staring with much interest as Job told his wife off. So focused was he that not even his omniscient prevented him from being snuck up on by someone. Slowly, God turned back and jumped as he saw Chris standing there in his French maid’s outfit. “Veronica!” God shouted. “Don’t sneak up on me like that!”

“I was just watching what was happening with Job,” said Chris.

“Yeah, but…” God groaned. “Okay, maybe we need to get you out of that thing. It’s starting to creep me out.”

“Really?” smiled Chris hopefully.

“Yeah. Maybe a clown suit or something.”

Chris frowned again. “Well, okay. Can I ask something about what happened down there?”

“Sure, Bozo. Whatcha got?”

“Job seemed to be really irritated about what happened. He also said some really mean things to his wife. Was that a sin?”

“No,” said God plainly. “He’s irritated because he’s miserable. And his wife honestly is an idiot. He was just calling her out on her crap. No, Job is in the clear.” He sat back and rubbed his chin. “I wonder if Lucifer is going to come back after this.”

To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Hilarious how God immediately calls Chris "Bozo," implying God already had the clown outfit picked out. Yeah, women are good at whining: that's why they call it "hen pecked" and not "rooster pecked." I would be cursing God by now, not that I'd think he cared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Job does not listen to his wife and is true to his faith in God as his servant. The responsibility of Men is to make decisions that upset women but follow the will of God. The clown costume shall be a great improvement from the french maid *shudder*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His wife was an idiot who did not understand anything. Job actually did understand what he was going through and knew better. I'm pretty sure his wife will be judged for what she said.

      Delete
  3. Cursing the one who did this would just encourage him to do worse. No, it is best to suffer patiently. Maybe then, he can obtain mercy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are saying he is just doing this to get mercy? Is everything just a means to an end with you?

      Delete