Thursday, May 30, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Spinoff, Part 25

Job found himself naked within a dark room. He felt as if he was still sitting on the earth, in the dust, but it is not what he saw. More so, it was clear that he was in misery.

“Speak your mind,” said someone of whom he knew. It could not have been his wife. She had all but abandoned him as of late.

“It would have been better if I have never been born,” said Job.

The sound of a bottle and glass was heard. Job sighed as he thought about his life and how it had once been. He did not see it getting any better. Everything was bad. Nothing was good.

“What have they been saying?” asked the voice.

“Oh, the usual,” replied Job. “They feel that I likely deserve what has happened to me. Not sure how they figure that. I’ve wholeheartedly dedicated my life to the Lord.”

“They don’t believe you?”

“No. God is the great unseen. God is unfathomable. Yet he is entirely in control. Yet his control can often be a wretched thing to those who fall under it. And here I am. I am a man who sees no way out of it. I feel confused, for I feel as though I must give God praise. Yet I am still punished.”

“You don’t feel that you have done anything wrong?” asked the voice. “Have you not sinned?”

“I don’t think so. I can only exist within the present. I shall not rebuke my Lord. I intend to die as a man who lives by His will.”

“But you are miserable.”

“I am miserable.

“Are you fine with that?”

“I am not. But I accept it. What man can stand against God? What fool would even try?”

“Who is accusing you of sin?” asked the voice.

“My friends. They only assume that I have sinned. They have not followed me day by day through the course of my life. They are ignorant, yet I am still confused.”

“Do you believe that you have lived a righteous life?”

“I have tried. And I do believe that it has been witnessed.”

“By who?” asked the voice.

Job sighed and looked up into the nothing. “By a great Redeemer, who even now sits among the shadows of Heaven. Only he will vouch for my innocence. I cannot. My friends will not. Until then, I am alone, and I am miserable.”

The dark room once more became the earth and sky. Job shielded his eyes as a great whirlwind blew across him. The same voice spoke from all around him, “All that you see, hear, and know have been created by me. I have made the great and the small. That which is seen and unseen.”

“Indeed!” shouted Job while covering his face. “Your power is beyond my own. I cannot understand it all as a simple man!”

“To admit to that is uncommon,” replied God. “And it pleases me that you have so readily said so. But your friends have displeased me. You were right not to listen to them, for they have proven ignorant and worldly. But you have ideals that are beyond your world.”

“But what does this mean?” shouted Job.

God’s phone rang. He looked at the screen and sighed before answering it. “Lucifer.”

“I’m not really interested in coming back for a while,” replied the angel.

“That’s fine. You stepped a bit out of bounds, Lucifer… not that it really mattered in the end.”

“You didn’t say I couldn’t do what I did. I just needed to be sure.”

“And here is the result,” said God. “The friends of Job will have little. Job will be given twice as much as he ever had in his life.”

“Fine.”

“You sure you don’t want to visit me again?” asked God.

“Why should I?”

“Chris looks pretty funny as a clown.”

After a pause, Lucifer replied, “I think I’ll pass.”

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. I laughed at the comment about Chris dressed as a clown. It was God speaking to Job. Job unknowingly referenced Jesus, the Redeemer who sits among the shadows of heaven. Your own life is a life of sorrows. You seem to be in Job's situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Job made an interesting little prophecy here that is often overlooked. Surprise!

      Delete
  2. Awesome scene between Job and God, I loved that he refers to the great redeemer Jesus without knowledge of him. Job was not a worldly man he is a man of spirit, his friends were of the world and fell short accordingly. Love that you ended it with the clown suit haha, Lucifer is uninterested in God's antics as usual but who cares what Lucifer thinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucifer didn't even have the guts to show back up. Lame.

      Delete
  3. He is uncommon because he accepts that he does not know everything? It is a sad state of affairs that anyone would believe they do. Now that he knows his place, he will suffer less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct. And we really should know and accept our place. We can get more done that way. He is of the Circle. We are not.

      Delete