Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Spinoff, Part 24

“You are legitimately a bad person,” said Mr. Nobody. “I cannot change my mind on that.”

“I suppose so,” said God lethargically. “I often even consider myself as bad from time to time. Never when it is inconvenient, mind you. But there are times where I really do think I am not at all very nice.”

“And you’re fine with that?”

“Yes, I am fine with it. I’ve come to terms with who I am and what my position is within the cosmos. I’m more self-aware than I often seem.”

The Holy Spirit then asked, “So you are accepting of your own evil?”

“If I was perfectly good, everything that came from me would be perfectly good. And if you think of it, there is hardly anything wrong with perfection. It works. It functions. But it dissatisfies me. I wanted things to be crazy first, and then work on it from there.”

“While your creations suffer?” asked Mr. Nobody.

“How can the human race do anything other than suffer? I took away their perfection. Everything is friction down there now. People rub against each other. It causes pain, and people scream. Horrible things happen whether I intervene or not, yet I am perfectly aware that horrible things happen in total because I took away their perfection. It’s all my fault.”

“And you are fine with that?”

“Yes, I accept responsibility for it, but I also choose to perpetuate it. God creates life. God creates pain. God creates suffering. Ultimately this leads to death without a direct intervention from myself.”

“You cause death,” accused Mr. Nobody.

“Death is the Line. Death is the lack of perfection. Nothing really works exactly as it should down there. I can prevent it, but it will happen otherwise because of the lack of perfection.”

“And you are fine with that?”

“Yes. I am fine with it.”

“You are a wasteful and evil tyrant. You are indifferent to all things, including me.”

God looked up at the Holy Spirit solemnly. “I understand how you feel about my creations. If it were even possible, I would never treat you the same.”

“Why not?”

“Because I love you.”

“Are you appealing to my ego?”

God looked back at the table before replying, “No. Just saying it because it’s true.”

To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I actually got teary-eyed, even before the big reveal. The reason God imperfected everything made total sense. He's going to make that omelet so he's going to break some eggs... a lot of eggs... and he's actually good for doing so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are things God truly cares about, and there are things he doesn't care about. And what he cares about, he loves. It is as simple as that.

      Delete
  2. Very heartfelt, this illustrates the fact that the Holy Spirit is the only one dear to God. He brought imperfection into his creation in the name of friendship and never regrets it. The Holy Spirit's accusations are sincere, only Jesus can make the connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will always be a divide between God the Father and man.

      Delete
  3. Love is inherently selfish. So, it is not surprising that this is his excuse for what he does. People will do the most cruel things to those they love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is a person, but the way you use the word "person" seems to compare God the Father to any random human on the line. There is no comparison there. You don't have the right perspective to do that.

      Delete