Thursday, June 13, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Spinoff, Part 29

The king of Canaan was looking through his collection of potions the next day when he heard the door to his chamber open up. When he turned around his heart stopped for a moment. Christopher was standing there with that same creepy glare he had been doing ever since that awkward moment happened within the hallway of the palace. “Welcome, Christopher,” greeted the king nervously.

At once, the creepy glare went away, and Christopher smiled as he padded over to be with his king. “I am here for you, master. How are my potions?”

“They seem to be in good order,” replied the king. “They are not for myself, mind you, but for another king who wishes to buy them from me. He doesn’t have a Cynocephaly as intelligent as you.”

“Thank you,” said Christopher.

“Did you want another treat?”

Christopher made that creepy glare again, but only for a few seconds. He soon lowered himself to the floor and looked up lovingly to his master. “I do want a treat but I would rather have an answer to a question.”

“I can provide you with that, Christopher. What question would you like to have answered?”

“I am a bit confused after you explained that some kings may have treats that are not as good as yours. And then it led to a bit more of an awkward question of if there may be greater kings than just you.”

“I don’t think the quality of the treats have anything to do with how great the king is, Christopher.”

“That was my concern, master.”

“Is that what you wanted to know?”

“Not entirely, master. I do have another question.”

“Speak it,” urged the king.

“Now that I know that the quality of yummy treats given are not to be used to mark the quality of the king handing them out, I only wish to know who the greatest king is in this world so that I may serve him.”

“You wish to only serve the greatest king?”

The dog-headed man nodded really fast. “I do! I do! I do! Yes! Yes! I do!”

“Okay,” nodded the king of Canaan. “Then… in that case… that king would be me. I am the greatest king in the world.”

Christopher made creepy face again. “Really, master?”

“Yes… and please stop making that face.”

Christopher obeyed and stood back up. He then bowed and told the king, “Then I am right where I need to be. It is an honor to be in the service of the greatest king in the world.”

“And it is a pleasure to have you at my side, Christopher,” said the king. “Treat now?”

“Treat now!” cried Christopher. Treat was given. It was yummy.

To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. The genius of the celestial is rendered subservient by the terrestrial. The devils crafted a wonderful breed of useful servants. The canine nature of the type is eager to please... but please the alpha. Christopher is still a dog. As part angel, he still yearns for things spiritual as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a special one, to be sure. Christopher was weirdly not content with his own lot, but had to go out seeking something higher.

      Delete
  2. Christopher is becoming restless as he is questioning the order of things as they are, he only wants to serve the greatest king. His current master proclaims himself as such but we all know that is a lie, deep down I believe Christopher does too. I look forward to seeing this pan out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad he only had evil humans as a reference point.

      Delete
  3. He also has the gullibility of a dog. If the king only pretended to throw the ball, he would probably go searching for it. Still, even the most gullible of animals can turn on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is safe to say that he really was canine, but as a person. Furries were real!

      Delete