Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Spinoff, Part 38

God looked up and realized that Lucifer was just glaring at him. “What?” asked God.

“You know what,” the angel replied.

“I’m not sure I do.”

“Just stop it. Stop playing dumb. You know exactly what I am referring to.”

“I will once you tell me.”

“Why should I tell you what you already know?”

“Lucifer, what in blazes are you talking about?!”

“You know what I am talking about!” snapped Lucifer.

“I seriously have no idea!” returned God.

“Do I have to spell it out for you?”

“Yes! Spell it out! Put it on paper if you have to! What are you trying to say to me?!”

Lucifer pointed a finger at God and said, “That hermit was put there by you!”

“Which hermit?”

“Hermit.”

“The hermit called Hermit from your story?”

“You know that’s the hermit I’m talking about!”

God palmed his face. “Lucifer, you can’t be serious. I’m retired. I don’t have the time anymore to throw random hermits at people. I’ve been busy finding new and creative things to do with my pet donkey! Where is Chris by the way?”

“No!” shouted Lucifer. “Christopher would have given up if it wasn’t for that coincidental meeting with that hermit! You just couldn’t stand me having anything nice in the universe, so you put him there. You didn’t even bother to give him a name.”

God laughed. “I did no such thing. As if I keep track of every hermit in the world. And once again, I’m retired!”

“That hermit ruined everything!”

“Then blame the hermit!”

“No, I blame you! It was always you! You’ve never accepted what I was able to accomplish!”

God stared back at Lucifer in complete silence. There was only a hint of anger. If you had been there, you might not have even noticed it. But Lucifer did… and it was enough to make him look away.

God leaned forward and pressed his finger to the angel’s chin. He turned Lucifer’s head to look back at him. God then told his angel, “Finish your story, Lucifer.”

“I will,” replied the angel softly.

To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. The retired God the Father didn't send Hermit to "corrupt" Lucifer's beloved cynocephaly... but it seems the Alpha Christopher was looking for did. "Seek and ye shall find" is playing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you point out the "Seek and ye shall find" thing. That is a very good point and fits into the story very well.

      Delete
  2. Lucifer blames God for the Hermit who shows Christopher The Way but he can't see the Truth before him. Funny how God reminds him he is retired, why would he bother with hermits? I love the part where God has the subtle moment of anger that puts Lucifer in his place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! He's busy doing things to Chris!

      Delete
  3. Lucifer was busy making trouble. Still, it is a good thing someone stepped in. Who knows what would have happened?

    ReplyDelete