Thursday, April 11, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Spinoff, Part 11

As God was watching what Samson was doing, Lucifer suddenly began making a ridiculous little ringing noise. The angel continued to gaze at the table as he pulled out his phone. Taking a moment to look at the CallerID, Lucifer groaned, “Ugh.”

“Who is it?”

“Look, I’ll be right back. I need to take this.”

“Okie dokie,” said God who may not have actually cared to begin with.

Lucifer stepped into the other room and answered the call. “Yeah, Dagon. I told you never to call me up here.” He rubbed his eyes as he listened. “No, I can’t come down there right now. You know how much I hate the smell of fish.”

Lucifer sat down on a couch near where the computer was set up. He groaned as he heard the yammering of one of his demon acquaintances. “Samson is doing what now? Messing everything up? Yep. I know much too well about what he has been up to. I’ve been watching the whole thing with God.”

Lucifer nodded casually as he listened to further complaints. “Look, Dagon, it’s not as if I can just tell him to butt out of our lives. He’s God. Besides, he promised me I could win the next poker game.” He paused. “Well, I have to win at least one of them, shouldn’t I?”

Still the complains continued. “Dagon. Dagon! Calm down please. Your attitude is most unbecoming. I have a plan well in hand. I have been working very hard on the matter. Things are all falling into place. The Samson story is nearing its end, and you will be all the better for it.

“Imagine how much easier it will be once he is gone? You’ll get at least another thousand fish carvings. You like fish carvings, don’t you? Yes. I can hear from your voice that you do. I know how much the little swimmy things mean to you. Just imagine your great temple filled to the brim with all those lovely fish carvings.”

Lucifer smiled blandly. “It’s good to hear you calming down. Remember that cooler heads will always prevail. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and all that.

“Oh, and, Dagon… please don’t call me again. I’ll call you if I need you. Understand? Good.” Lucifer hung up and went back into the table room. He sat down next to God who was still staring down at Earth.

Without looking, God asked Lucifer, “How is Dagon doing?”

“Could be better,” muttered Lucifer.

“Still smells like fish.”

“Yep.”

God nodded. “I’m glad I don’t smell like fish.”

“Don’t we all,” replied the angel.

To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Knowing the story of Samson, I know God is allowing Lucifer to win a hand because God is setting Lucifer up! Even when God "loses" he's winning! Oh, and Dagon isn't the first to ask Lucifer for help against God. Lucifer hates taking the calls because it always leads to another humiliation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure Lucifer did not enjoy getting a call from a subordinate. There is a snobbery there that he doesn't like admitting.

      Delete
  2. Lucifer definitely proves his impotence here. He is actually happy that he was promised to win a game. Obviously, his schemes will come to naught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then, Lucifer gets put in his place. He just keeps forgetting it because it suits him.

      Delete
  3. I love that God knows who is on the other line but still asks "who is it?" as a mocking gesture haha. The whole conversation with Dagon was hilarious, Lucifer enticing him with the promise of fish carvings was a nice touch. It's good to see God and Lucifer agreeing on something in the end though, I mean who would like to hangout with someone who smells of fish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody does. Makes you wanna go back to the golden calf. People are stupid.

      Delete