Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Spinoff, Part 16

“I thought you loved me,” said Delilah as Samson lay upon his bed. His arm was draped over his eyes as she spoke to him. “I thought you cared.”

“I do,” groaned the man.

“Lies! All lies!”

“Delilah, when will you cease this bickering? You’ve been at it for days. I’d much rather spend this time with my two friends.”

“They don’t trust you either.”

Samson looked at her with a scowl. “Do you think that I am so stupid that I do not know why you asked me of my weakness?” Delilah pouted. The man added, “It is very clear that you enjoy seeing me kill people, which admittedly does often lead to much fun under the sheets… and sometimes on top. But, dear, the novelty is wearing thin.”

“It would be different if you just told me the truth.”

“Why should I tell you anything?”

“Because it would prove to me that you really do love me.”

Samson did not answer. He only groaned as he looked away from her. “It should only be that you trust me. I don’t understand these games.”

“You really don’t love me,” she accused.

God leaned against the table looking a bit bored. “Even I’m getting tired of listening to her.”

Lucifer looked up at God. “You are?”

“Oh, don’t think for a moment that you have impressed me. I can see how you control the female sex on the Line. You made them unbearably annoying. I mean… I’m literally getting a headache… and I’m God. Congrats.”

“She is wearing him down. He shall soon betray you.”

“I wish he would,” said God. “It seems like it would be the only way to make her shut up.”

“Are you saying that you want Samson to fail?”

God peered over at Lucifer wearily. “He was always going to fail, Lucifer. I knew that from the beginning.”

“You did?”

“Yes. I hate to break it to you, Lucifer, but I do have the ability to look ahead and see what’s going to happen. But seriously, your woman won’t stop nagging. Is that your brilliant plan to make the world yours? Nagging women?” Lucifer stared. God added, “It suites you. Reminds me of all the times you stopped by to convince me of things. Breaking my vases. Acting like a fool. I’m not surprised Samson breaks down in the end.”

“But you never broke down,” said Lucifer.

“There’s a reason for that.”

“What is it?”

“Page 2016. Look it up someday.”

“I’m a bit busy right now.”

“Being annoying?”

Lucifer scowled before looking back to the table. “All right!” shouted Samson. “Just shut up! I’ll tell you!”

“No, you won’t!” she cried. “You don’t love me after all!”

“No, just stop! Here is the truth. No razor has ever touched my head because I have been a Nazarite dedicated to God from my mother’s womb. If my head were to be shaved, my strength would leave me, and I would become as weak as any other man.”

“I did it,” muttered Lucifer.

“Is it over?” asked God. “Has she finally shut up? Oh, finally. I’m gonna go get another drink.”

To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Lucifer thought he got one on God only to have the moment ruined when God tells him, "Saw it coming. Ain't a spoiler for me." Lucifer then pouted and huffed... like one of his whining bimbos. Also uninspiring that the "power" of women is their ability to annoy till death is preferable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucifer was in such suspense! It was hilarious to see him dropped another notch there.

      Delete
  2. If he had chosen better to begin with, this would not have happened. Men who follow their lusts end up being consumed by them. And then, all is lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucifer is surprised that God knew from the beginning that Samson would fall short, that goes to show how much Lucifer knows. What part of The Beginning and the End does he not get? The nagging of women have led many men to their doom, it takes strength of will to tell a woman "NO". We are never tempted beyond are ability to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, of course, he knew! He's God. Lucifer makes the same mistakes most humans do.

      Delete