Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Spinoff, Part 10

“When are you going to admit it?” asked Lucifer as God sat in his normal seat at the table.

“Hmm?” hummed God. “That you’re a self-righteous pansy?”

“No, not that,” grumbled the angel. “When are you going to admit that you made a mistake?”

“I’ll be honest, Lucifer. I haven’t really been thinking about if what I did was a mistake or not. I’ve just been sitting back and enjoying the show. You should too, you know?”

The angel sighed. “I find it hard to enjoy what has been happening with this Samson travesty. When I created hybrids, the world saw law and order. It was realized and enacted with surgical perfection. There was a rhyme and reason to it all. It was a mastery of the craft.

“But you… You went into it with absolutely no purpose. You obviously have no respect for your own creation.” God was leaning over the table fiddling with something. “Are you even listening to me, God?”

“Hmm?” hummed God again. “What? Yes, I was listening.”

“What are you doing now?”

“Um… nothing. Just got bored with all your rambling and was using my finger to draw a heart shape on Pluto.”

“Ugh!” growled the angel.

God turned about to look at him. “What is wrong with you? Nobody’s ever gonna see it!”

“Sometimes… you just make me so angry!”

God shrugged. “I make a lot of people angry, Lucifer. I don’t really care. It’s not like they can even comprehend the significance of anything I do. Even you. You never got it. If you did, you would have wanted your own Samson action figures.”

“Those things are ridiculous,” hissed Lucifer.

“I disagree. And the new one coming out might change your mind. More of a statuette really. Depicts the great Samson standing before a Philistine fountain.”

“Don’t tell me. He’s peeing in it, isn’t he?”

“Oh, so you’ve seen it already!”

Lucifer threw up his hands. “Enough of this! When will you admit to your mistake?!”

God chuckled. “Real cute, Lucifer. Really had me quaking in my boots there.”

Lucifer pointed a finger at him. “This story will not end the way you think! I still control a portion of your creation. Admit to it! I shall use my own resources against your creation and prove that I deserve better than you have given me.”

God leaned back in his chair a bit so that he could face his angel. He said, “Lucifer, sit down.” Lucifer sat down. “Now stand up.” Lucifer stood up. God nodded and said, “At the end of the day, I have all the cards. You are nothing greater than the humans of Earth to me. Whatever happens next may be what it is, but you can prove nothing to me but what I already know. Now, agree with me.”

“I agree with you.”

“Good. I had a feeling that you would. Now, be a good angel and watch as the story unfolds.”

“All right,” said Lucifer. And so he did.

To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Lucifer is a cog in the machine proud of being the biggest cog. His every thought is bound to the purpose God gave him. Even Lucifer's "rebellion" is ENTIRELY according to God's design. When God pulls down on the lever, Lucifer sits. When God taps the keyboard, Lucifer does and says what God types. NOTE: perfect ending for this story. I laughed throughout this chapter, especially as I came to the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why wouldn't God want to hang out with him? There's nothing really he has to fear.

      Delete
  2. It is foolish to demand anything of a being with all power. Do not expect to match wits against someone with all knowledge. He does what he wants, whenever he wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucifer makes a mistake many humans make. They judge God based on their own reality. Calling God all powerful is based on a truth that you are completely outside of the tier needed to deal with him in any viable fashion. From God's perspective, he may not see himself as all powerful. There may be things he cannot do, for example. But when it comes to our perception of him, we are so far removed from being on his level that there is nothing wrong with assuming the term "all powerful" when speaking of him.

      Delete
  3. Love the part when God gets bored and starts drawing on Pluto. Yea, God has no concern for Lucifer and his accusations. When God commands Lucifer Obeys. The statue of Samson peeing in the Philistine fountain was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a heart. It had to come from somewhere.

      Delete