Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Fairy Tale Spotlight: Our Divine Spinoff, Part 12

God was leaning over the table in a somewhat lazy way. He watched as Samson traveled into the Valley of Sorek. There he met a woman and went off with her to do naughty things. God smiled lightly and clapped his hands as Samson did one of the things he did extremely well. “That’s my boy!” he chuckled.

Lucifer walked over and sat in the chair next to God. “Can we talk?”

God looked away from the table and to his greatest angel. “Is it gonna be something stupid again?”

“No.”

“Because seriously… I’m running out of vases, Lucifer.”

“Yes, I know. I’ve given up on that analogy.”

“After six times though.”

“Yes,” groaned Lucifer. “I won’t break any more of your vases. I just want to talk.”

God nodded and leaned back in his chair. “What’s the topic?”

“Delilah,” replied Lucifer.

“Delilah? Delilah who is getting boinked by Samson? That Delilah?”

“Yes. Her.”

God nodded accommodatingly. “Say what you want to say, Lucifer.”

Lucifer began, “Delilah is a woman whom I have entirely placed my hands upon. She is a creature bound to my will. I have taken her away from you as I did with Eve. She has eaten of the fruit and has given up her humanity.”

“Yes, I am aware,” replied God.

Lucifer leaned over a bit onto the table. He was extremely solemn in his approach and God was likewise in his reception. The angel then said, “I am rather uncomfortable with what I am about to ask of you. I do not enjoy asking anything of you. If you haven’t figured it out yet, I don’t like or approve of you.”

“Understood. Don’t really care, but I appreciate you being open about your feelings. Although I feel the need to repeat that I actually do not care.”

“Yes,” nodded Lucifer with a groan.

God smiled and said, “You may make your request since you are being so mannerly.”

Lucifer placed a delicate hand to his own smooth and beautiful face for a moment. He breathed in deep before resting his arm back to the side of the table. “My request is this: That I be allowed to make my play unmolested.”

God nodded. “You are, of course, aware that, if I allow you to do this, I may at any time go back on my word.”

“That is, naturally, your privilege,” said Lucifer. “I am simply trying to be as polite as I can about this. I feel it is something that needs to be done.”

“To prove a point, I suppose.”

“Yes.”

God smiled. “Granted. And I shall not molest you in your efforts, nor will I go back on my word. But once you have proven your point, I shall take back control. Is that understood?”

“Of course.”

God motioned to the table. “Then do what you will.”

The angel’s face twitched only lightly as he nodded. “Thank you, God.”

To be continued.

Thank you for reading my blog! Did you enjoy it? Either way, you can comment below, or you can email me at tkwadeauthor@gmail.com. You can also visit my website at www.tkwade.com. Check out my books! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. This demonstrated the ACTUAL "struggle" between God and the Devil: the struggle is one-sided and in vain. God is GOD and Lucifer is nothing of the sort. How Lucifer "identifies" is irrelevant... yet very much to God's grim amusement. As for Delilah and Eve: they are pawns told they are "empowered" by one who thinks nothing of them. As Lucifer's pawns, they are God's pawns too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean... if we are going to be Christians and call it as it is written... This is just the truth of it all.

      Delete
  2. Lucifer is a fool to think his play has not already been anticipated. He will make his point. And then, it will be summarily dismissed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He never had a chance. He is insane to even bother trying.

      Delete
  3. Loved the part when God proclaimed "That's My boy!", such an Alpha Omega Male. Lucifer should be uncomfortable asking God such things, it goes to show how delusional Lucifer is he should expect all them Aces to fall from God's sleeve. Six vases later Lucifer is still trying to demonstrate the same false principles, haha.

    ReplyDelete